Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Design Agent

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Hi,

I have a very silly question...

I just bought a new computer and I want to connect to the internet through Airport but I can't find the password... My other computer is connected with no problem, but I don't know how/where I can retrieve the password! I went to "Open Internet Connect" but all I see is my wireless network name and the signal level bar. Does anyone know how?? Please help!

DA

Simon Liquid

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2001
Iowa
Assuming your other computer is a Mac, th WiFI password is stored on your Keychain. To retrieve it, open the application Keychain Access. It should be in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. Then search all the items you see for your network. In 10.4 at least it has a Searchlight box so you can just type in 'Airport' and it will show you the WiFi passwords it has stored. When you find the right item, double click it to open its info box then click the little check box that says 'Show Password.' It should ask you for your main password on that computer then show you the airport password.

Hope that works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.