Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tony p

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I'm interested in getting some external bluetooth speakers - BlueAnt BlueSonic - but they utilise a protocol called A2DP Profile for streaming stereo audio. Apparently the Mac Bluetooth software does not support this. Anyone know whether Apple have any plans to introduce this? Thanks. (Email replies welcome to: f3 p2 yg @ NOSPAMpacific . net . au - please remove capitals and spaces.)

wasabinuki

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2007
I purchased this Bluetooth Audio Transmitter and I could not be happier:

I can now listen to my iTunes library on my A2DP headset while I work out. The transmitter can also be used on any other 3.5mm line out jack (even though I haven't yet). The only drawback is that it doesn't allow for AVCRP control.

HTown731

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2008
Help!!

So i recently purchased the yba-10 bluetooth for my yahama reciever. i also recently upgraded to leopard. at this point i should b able to stream my audio. barely... sounds great until it starts to skip like a cd attacked with rocks. i cant be sure if its the mac or the yba, all i know is if i move the yba at all it does it more, but its just as bad when i go into the macs bluetooth prefereces, even surfing the web. any ideas/suggestions? i havnt herd anyone talking about pairing the two of these things...

cobraguymsn

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2008
Same problem

I purchased a Jensen WBT 310 to stream audio to my home stereo. Excellent product but sound skips terribly, virtually unusable. I know it is my MBP because I tried streaming with my Vista tablet and LG Voyager phone and they worked flawlessly (about the only thing my Vista tablet does well) Only the Mac seems to have an issue.

So i recently purchased the yba-10 bluetooth for my yahama reciever. i also recently upgraded to leopard. at this point i should b able to stream my audio. barely... sounds great until it starts to skip like a cd attacked with rocks. i cant be sure if its the mac or the yba, all i know is if i move the yba at all it does it more, but its just as bad when i go into the macs bluetooth prefereces, even surfing the web. any ideas/suggestions? i havnt herd anyone talking about pairing the two of these things...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.