Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use your right hand or your left hand

• Right

Votes: 81 78.6%
  • Left

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Both

Votes: 13 12.6%

• Total voters

mikes63737

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2005
I voted right because that's what I use the most, but sometimes (very rarely... <0.1%) i use my left hand.

Eric5h5

macrumors 68020
Dec 9, 2004
Both...I'm not normally ambidextrous, but I switch from one to the other anyway. Just because. It probably helps ward off repetitive stress injuries too. Although I think I've been using my left hand for a week straight now.

--Eric

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
there are things i do with my left (like eat), but i mouse with my right. even if i wanted to mouse with my left, i couldn't; my mice are contoured for righties.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Sometimes I'll use my left for fun, but I find it less efficient for real productivity. Right hand for me.

Angrist

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2005
MI or NJ
Depend on which machine I'm using at that instant.

Normally right hand, but ..
If I'm sitting with my laptop and reach over to grab the mouse on my iMac, I'll use my left hand.
OR if I'm eating I'll use my right hand to eat and my left to mouse.

Having three machines on one desk kinda breeds this behavior. I can similarly type fairly competently with either hand alone.

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
I'm right-handed, but mouse w/ my left hand (since Fall of '06) b/c the repetitive stress on my right hand was starting to cause me pain... Sucks, b/c it makes a "nice" mouse like the MX Revolution pretty much unusable for me...

fuzzwud

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2004
Houston
I'm a lefty when I write or draw, but I use my right hand when I use a mouse. I wonder subconsciously how that affects my thinking b/c if I use my right hand to design on stuff on the computer, am I using the left side of my brain? Isn't the ride side of the brain more creative? Anyhow, I've had repetitive injuries using a computer too much so I've had to try to use my left hand for the mouse and even try to use a wacom tablet.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
UK
both
trackpad: left
mouse: either
the wacom tablet and pen: right

oh and I'm ambidextrous.

Both for me as well, I'm left handed naturally but was taught to write with my right hand so they're both pretty good now (or equally bad?)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.