Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
The current sticky FAQ for Folding@Home has been a useful post to keep around, but it has become a bit stale since it was first posted in 2003. Some things are obviously missing (since it was written in 2003), such as SMP client setup and the Intel-based Macs in general. A lot of new Mac users are likely to find the console version to be somewhat intimidating without a little guidance. Setup and use of InCrease might be helpful too. Also, the MacNN stats page hasn't been updated for any teams other than their own since mid-2006.

These are just a few friendly suggestions. :) I often hit the MacRumors forums when I'm trying to learn something Mac-related, so I figure lots of others do too. And helping users, especially Mac newbies, would help boost stats for the team.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
How does the Folding at Home FAQ Guide page compare with the Folding@Home FAQ thread?

Any member can update the Guide to bring it up to date. You can add any missing information and/or copy from the thread.

We can and should put a link to the Folding Guide page at the top of this forum, particularly if it's up to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.