Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
Can we sticky something along the lines of "For the Love of God please stop posting non-apple or technology related 'Post Your ______' threads"? Except of course for personal photos. It just seems to be getting a little out of hand. I know the mods are waste-landing them as they appear, but perhaps a reminder within the board would help?

Salasm

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
i take it my post your toe clippings thread pushed you over the edge? :D

conclusion: this board does not understand humor or satire

why cant members post what they want? too many rules on this board as is. dont like a thread, dont click on it. simple. ps. loosen those panties, also.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004

why cant members post what they want? too many rules on this board as is. dont like a thread, dont click on it. simple. ps. loosen those panties, also.

This board does understand humour and satire.
Toenail clippings are neither of those.

I think MR is quite relaxed and the rules are pretty fair.

Salasm

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2006
surrounded by mods
i found it funny. maybe i have perverse sense of humor? especially liked the nice 'mr' arrangement. never could i imagine my nail clippings could incite such a response! unfathomeable. yet pictures of dead animals and bloody scars go unnoticed.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
It was funny, if you're an 8 year old kid.

Dead animals and bloody scars?:confused:

kwood

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2006
In the Great White North.

Wait....There is a toe nail clipping thread?:confused:

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Thought this was going to address the huge sizes of pictures being uploaded or linked in the Picture of the Day Thread. Guess not. :(

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
Thought this was going to address the huge sizes of pictures being uploaded or linked in the Picture of the Day Thread. Guess not. :(
I know. That irks me, too. Mitthrawnuruodo (did I spell that correctly?) posted a few times w/ the superb suggestion of using

skoker

macrumors 68000
Aug 6, 2005
I know. That irks me, too. Mitthrawnuruodo (did I spell that correctly?) posted a few times w/ the superb suggestion of using tags instead of the usual [IMG] tags. I wish everyone would use that, instead. It's helpful. And it's so darned cool. :D[/QUOTE]

Not going to lie- I never knew that that existed until today.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
i found it funny. maybe i have perverse sense of humor? especially liked the nice 'mr' arrangement. never could i imagine my nail clippings could incite such a response! unfathomeable. yet pictures of dead animals and bloody scars go unnoticed.

I think the key is that the first parody was funny but subsequent threads have grown tired. Remember, someone has to pay for bandwidth and hosting. :)

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 16, 2007
I think the key is that the first parody was funny but subsequent threads have grown tired. Remember, someone has to pay for bandwidth and hosting. :)

And even if the threads get wastelanded, that still stays on the MR bandwith, thus wasting space. All the more reasons not to post picture threads like that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.