Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
I am going to be getting a macbook soon. and was just curious as to how long it took apple to ship your mac to your home? also what state do you live in so i can get an idea of where and how long it took.

Winterfell

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2007
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Took mine 3 1/2 days to be shipped, and after it did ship on a Thursday it hit the weekend, so ended up taking four days and arrived that Monday. That was one long weekend, let me tell you. :p

I paid for 2 day expedited shipping. I figured with as much as I spent on it, what's another $15.00 right? Anyway, I probably would have gotten it on Tuesday or Wednesday if I had gone with standard shipping, so in the end getting it a day or two early was worth it. But I was pretty mad when it took 3 days to be shipped in the first place.

Ah well, happy customer now. :p

I live in Oklahoma.

skwij

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2006
Belleville, ON, Canada
4 days from the phone order to delivered to my hot little hands.

Ontario, Canada, with the contact number I got in an email from Apple after "adding to cart" but not checking out my purchase.

Oh, and mine's perfect. Just upgraded to 2G RAM yesterday, and I couldn't be happer!

ironring2006

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I ordered the day they were updated to C2D, which was a Wed, and I got it the following Wed, so 5 business days from order to in my hands. I'm also on the east coast of Canada, so I think that probably adds a day compared to the states. Mine went China->Alaska->Memphis->Ontario->NB.

It also depends on if you customize anything. I upgraded to 2GB ram. If you just order stock I think that can knock another day off.

Modjo

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2005
MBP 17" CTO
Received payment confirmation on april 16th.
Delivered to my doorstep april 27th (didn't receive a tracking number other than the one Apple gives you 'till the day before it was delivered).

I ordered a sleeve too, so it was a "merge in transit" shipment, from Shangai to Belgium.

TheLlama

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2007
I ordered my MB on black friday (11/24/06). It came from China, to Alaska, to Indiana, to Va. Got to my apartment on 11/28..too bad I wasnt there to pick it up, so I actually go it on 11/29. Since the begining its been great.

dannewell15

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2007
about 1 week 3 days/1 week 2 days. one of those, can't exactly remember. i'm in rainy england :D

Andrew D.

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does anyone know where they usually ship them from if ordered on the US Apple Store site? I will be ordering mine soon as well.. and I was just wondering how long it will take. Thanks!

2fives

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2006
Surrey BC
About 10 days. Came from the states (Texas or Tennessee can't remember now) to Surrey BC.

It was at Christmas time so when I un-boxed it, it was freezing cold.

odinsride

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
10 minutes - that's how long it took me to get from the Apple Store to my house :p

civilizedrat

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2007
Ordered the 17th of April. Got it on the 24th (5 business days after, true to Apple's word).

Shipping is really quick.

Having religiously checked the FedEx tracking page every third second, I think I now remember my tracking number by heart. LOL!

from china to ca to ga to fl to the caribbean!

MichaelThomas

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2007
24 hours.

Stock version from apple.com/uk. Really impressed. That was with 23" ACD and wireless keyboard and apple care too.

squwish

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2007
STL
20 min. It would Have taken less if I wasn't pulled over by the cops on my way home for speeding. I told him I really want to open my new MBP!

Jarooda

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2007
Ottawa
Am I the only one who got it from a retail big box chain?

It took 8 hours.

I bought it at work (for only $600 after employee discount and gift cards)

Had to wait until my shift ended, got home, and brought the little guy home.

The second one just adds more fun.

coledog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2006
Roanoke, VA
About 10 days. Shipped from refurb store in CA to NH then to NY. Shipped to NH to avoid sales tax :) (I'm a bad person i know)
It saves $130 bucks!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.