Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

barkins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
I haven't used my built-in web cam in months now and out of sheer bordem decided to play around with Photo Booth, to my surprise nothing was showing up. It's just a blank screen. :eek:

The little green light by the lens goes on.... but nothing comes up.

Anyone run into this?

alexprice

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2005
The built in iSight doesn't have a lens cap.

I saw this issue on an iMac once and a SMC reset fixed it.

I think its called SMC, or perhaps SMU.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville

barkins

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2006
Encino, CA
Well I don't know what did it, but I just checked the iSight through iChat and bam! It works now! Can't figure out for the life of me what it was, but whatever. Thanks for all the tips and advice. :)

Nathan.Farshchi

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2010
This fixed my Isight for my Macbook Pro

1. Turn off your Macbook pro

2. Unplug your charger

3. Hold the power key for five seconds and release

4. Plug your computer in again

5. Turn your computer back on.

My camera wasn't working, but the green light was on. So I looked all over different forums for a solution, and I couldn't find one any where. This came from the Apple website. I think it resets the system management controller(SMC). I don't really know anything about computers, but this instantly worked for me. I hope this helps some one

lbird1188

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2010
the troubleshoot

so i am following these instructions (shutdown, unplug, hold 5 seconds, re-plug, and turn on), but the 5 second hold turns my computer on? anyone have any words of wisdom on this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.