Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cc bcc

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2001
nl
After a lengthy search on the Creative website, here is the product webpage.

They look nice, I wonder if the sound is good.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I agree, the Titanium look is very attractive. Wonder if it's a design developed to compliment the new case for the upcoming Power Mac G5 PPC CPU? ;)

pseudobrit

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2002
Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
Heh. Puny compared to my 7.1 rig. You wanna talk about filling the room with sound, eh? ;)

Anyway, these look like they just took standard PC speakers and made 'em in white. I'm sure it's a good system, but let's not let them jump us to the conclusion that they were specially designed for the iPod.

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001
Originally posted by tazo
The CNN reporter said they sounded better than his shelf sound system.

actually, not exactly.

Then I check the price. Just under $100 and it sounds better than most shelf systems?!

Anyways, why can't anyone use the real shipping product in their little 360(degree-don't know the key stroke)? It's so obvious it's CGI images and they are compressed incorrectly to boot.

Anyways, these weren't made for the iPod as the article leans, they were grey/black and decided that if they make them white, they'll look nice and match the iPod/iBook/iMac.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
well I looked at them and the speakers are only 9 watts and the powered sub a mere 20 watts, nah I won't throw away my shelf system just yet.....
and I don't think the ipod can put out much power.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
they look pretty nice. but I dont think that i will be replacing my stereo system with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.