Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Seriously? There's literally zero responses to this thread? Is it because everyone is actually just not interested? I find that mindblowing.

This is near-Quake III graphics in a browser window, guys!

Chone

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2006
I'm checking it out now.

UPDATE: Alright I'm done with it, I'll have to say, that is VERY impressive technically but whats the point? What these guys have achieved is really great but in the end its still a horrible FPS with horrible graphics (and low framerate), weird AI and uninteresting as a whole. If I was going to play an web game I'd play something cute and simple like Hapland or N, not the butchered copy of the bastard child of an FPS released 9 years ago. That being said, props to this guys for the technical achievement but really whats the point?

Good find though.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Since I can't install Shockwave natively on my Intel Mac, I can't really test it...why is Adobe so far behind on that?

I'll try it in Boot Camp later.

worriedmac

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
I'm using a powerbook too lol. You reckon a pc will play it. have a friend who is pc only and I think he might like this.

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
Can't play it at the moment because I'm on a mac pro, but wasn't there an fps in shockwave like 10 years ago called alien something... ah, Alien X. That one doesn't use anything special, like wild tangent, does it?

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Can't play it at the moment because I'm on a mac pro, but wasn't there an fps in shockwave like 10 years ago called alien something... ah, Alien X. That one doesn't use anything special, like wild tangent, does it?

Except Alien X sucks cuz it requires Classic. :p And I bet it doesn't have Quake III graphics!

GyroFX

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2002
Los Angeles and NorCal
played it on a PC. Very good response time, and it feels like more than 60fps. Very smooth operations but yeah, like others have said, what's the point. This person worked hard on something that is past it's prime. Maybe if something like this came out 10 yrs ago, it would gain more interest. Props for programming it though...reminds me of this kid in my macromedia director class back in college who made this virtual city game...where you wonder around a city and do stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.