Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sky Blue

Original poster
Jan 8, 2005
NINTENDO NEWS: NINTENDO'S SUMMER LINEUP SATISFIES CORE AND NEW GAMERS

May 21, 2007

Whether you're a longtime gamer who likes classic franchises or a newcomer aiming to keep your brain sharp, Nintendo's summer lineup of games has something for you. Nintendo's offerings are anchored by key Wii™ games like Metroid Prime® 3 Corruption and Mario Strikers™ Charged. Nintendo DS™ owners can challenge their minds with games like Brain Age™ 2: More Training in Minutes a Day and the new picture-based puzzle game, Picross DS™.

Licensees also are demonstrating a strong commitment to Wii and Nintendo DS by announcing more than 40 titles in all genres. The unique controls of Wii and Nintendo DS make the Nintendo platform versions of these games entirely new experiences. No matter what your taste or experience level, you'll keep busy this summer!

Wii
July 30 Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo
Aug. 20 Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Nintendo

September Battalion Wars 2 Nintendo
Aug. 14 High School Musical: Sing It! Disney Interactive Studios
Aug. 14 Madden NFL '08 EA
August Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 EA
August Space Station Tycoon Namco Bandai
August Brunswick Pro Bowling Crave
August Dave Mirra BMX Challenge Crave
August Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection Crave
September Brothers in Arms Ubisoft
September Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal Warner Bros.
September George of the Jungle Crave
Fall Boogie EA

Nintendo DS
July 30 Picross DS Nintendo
Aug. 20 Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day Nintendo

Sept. 10 DK Jungle Climber Nintendo
Sept. 24 Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol Nintendo
July SimCity EA
July Namco Museum DS Namco Bandai
July Drake & Josh THQ
July Glory Days 2 Eidos
Aug. 14 Madden NFL '08 EA
Aug. 14 High School Musical: Makin' the Cut! Disney Interactive Studios
Aug. 14 Heroes of Mana Square-Enix
August I SPY: Fun House Activision
August Jewel Quest Expedition Activision
August Tiger Woods PGA Tour '08 EA
August Worms: Open Warfare 2 THQ
August Luminous Arc Atlus
August Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus Capcom
August Mega Man Star Force: Leo Capcom
August Mega Man Star Force: Dragon Capcom
August Operation: Vietnam Majesco
August Turn It Around Majesco
August The Wild West Majesco
August Fulllmetal Alchemist Trading Card Game Destineer
September Drawn to Life THQ
September Zoey 101 THQ
September Crayola Teasure Adventures Crave
September Nancy Drew and The Deadly Secret of Olde World Park Majesco
September Holly Hobbie & Friends Majesco
September Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations Capcom
September Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck Warner Bros.
September Pet Luv Spa & Resort Tycoon Activision
September Animal Genius Activision
September George of the Jungle Crave
September Jam Sessions Ubisoft
September Professor Brainium Destineer
September Indy 500 Legends Destineer

now i have to start metroid 2!

(bolding mine)

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR
Those are awesome! I really want news on Super Mario Galaxy though.

Edit: ...or a New Super Mario Bros. 2 type of game for the DS.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
"Prime 3 isn't coming out this year" :D

Prime 3, Mario Strikers, Battalion Wars 2, Pinball collection are as good as mine.
Brain Age 2, Chibi Robo, SimCity, maybe Worms (hopes for improvement on old game) are mine too.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Nintendo Wii
Mario Strikers Charged
Brunswick Pro Bowling

Nintendo DS
Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day
I SPY: Fun House
Worms: Open Warfare 2

That's it for me, and not all of these are certain purchases. Really wanting to see more must haves for the Wii soon.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
^ Wii "Hall of Fame Pinball".

For something as big as Metroid I don't think Europe is going to be far behind. I'd give it 2 months max. It's Nintendo's non-linear, atmospheric Halo after all.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
And thats a pretty crappy Wii lineup :(

WHAT!!!

July 30 Mario Strikers Charged Nintendo
Aug. 20 Metroid Prime 3 Corruption Nintendo
September Battalion Wars 2 Nintendo

Maybe you ment to say "Pretty crap DS line up...of which I would agree with(more, DS still has a few decent titles, but nothing like the Wii)

However its worth of note, that Wii is going though a long summer with few good games.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Mario Strikers? you gotta be kidding me. the Wii can do better than this.

I'll be honest...I've yet to play the 1st...but from what I hear its Mario Kart, but for Soccer....which sounds like a hell of a lot of fun to me!

To not mention online play(about time )

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Mario Strikers? you gotta be kidding me. the Wii can do better than this.

I heard that Mario Strikers was pretty awesome, I played it once in multiplayer and LOVED it. Charged is online, and has LAN mode, so I want it, bad.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Well it _is_ awesome... perhaps the greatest football multiplayer game of the last generation

personally i'm gonna wait on strikers charged untill it dropes below 30 bucks or so in price since i have to save the money for mario party in june

it's actually coming out here tomorrow and i don't have the time to play it.... argh

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
What? Strikers is out tomorrow? I don't like football games but going off how popular the original was... I might just pick this up.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Mario Party 8 comes out next week over here in the U.S. :)

Japan's release schedule had Metroid Prime in August, Super Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros in September and November IIRC. So far that seems to line up with the U.S. release schedule, let's hope!

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
What? Strikers is out tomorrow? I don't like football games but going off how popular the original was... I might just pick this up.

damn i meant "in 2 days" .. sorry for getting you excited

;)

that said i just decided to get strikers and wait on mario party instead .... after all the local store has strikers charged for 43 bucks which isn't a bad deal

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Mario Strikers is basically an exact copy of Sega's Soccer Slam. It plays pretty much identical albeit with Mario characters and arena's. But other than that the gameplay mechanics are exactly the same.

Whilst intially a huge rush of fun, unfortunetly the games tend to get very repetitive. The power moves whilst entertaining the first time you see them, really do begin to grate after you have seen them 100 or more times.....

The online might improve the longevity though.

And lets face it..... if your in Europe, the Wii is crying out for somthing worthy to be released. So I expect it to sell regardless.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Whilst intially a huge rush of fun, unfortunetly the games tend to get very repetitive. The power moves whilst entertaining the first time you see them, really do begin to grate after you have seen them 100 or more times.....

true with every football game ;)

that said they improved the single player bit and put in more unlockables and missions in it so they got the message asking for more single player content

and the power moves are so gloating that it totally rocks in multiplayer: it gives you time laugh maniacally and for your opponent to scream "NOOOOOOOO"

The online might improve the longevity though.

that's what i'm hoping too
what i hope more is increased balancing from "normal" long shots and some balancing about hard tackles.. it was simply too easy to tackle all the time

And lets face it..... if your in Europe, the Wii is crying out for somthing worthy to be released. So I expect it to sell regardless.
well i guess they could have sold it even in more crowed times and it would sell a lot
the original one achieved an attachment rate of 40% in germany which is mighty impressive for such a niche product and turned the game into one of the most successful of the cube around here

edit: it has been developed by the same team who made sega soccer slam ;)

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
update: it did indeed come out today.. at least here my gamesore got it today... and yeah the guy behind me at the counter said after i had my copy
"for me the same please"

so far the intro is pretty kick ass

sam10685

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
Portland, OR

Same exact thing dude... hate football/soccer games, but considering the hype this has and the success of the first, I might have to get this. (Same with Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I dis-liked to first two instalments of the Smash Brothers series but considering the hype Brawl has, it's a buy for me.)

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Really? You guys will buy a game despite not liking the previous installments or games of the genre based purely on hype??? You all should change your screen names to "marketing department's dream person" :D There certainly has been hype for games coming out as top notch games have been trickling out at a snail's pace, but it doesn't detract from what it really is. Like that marble game a while back. Supposedly before coming out a great marble game with Wii controls...but still a marble game when the hype died off (and a crappy one). I'd rent first before deciding it's a buy because others are talking about it. There's a lot of hype here about a new Miller beer with lime...still a Miller beer though :D

Paul

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Managed to have a play of Mario Football today. Friend was playing it when I turned up. A lot more frantic than I imagined! Next to Wii Sports boxing this is great for a little work out.
All qualms have been put to rest. Probably end up buying this in town tomorrow! Shame that I won't be able to use the online play much, my connections really gone bad :(

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Grrrr....Europe w/ its online games for Wii(and Japan!!)

Oh well...eagerly waiting for Mario Pary 8 tomorrow...seem like something none gamers will be able to get into..I know my family loved Wii Sports, and little has been able to relight that fun flame..hopefully this will be it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.