Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmoran27

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
I have major problems with apple macbooks. I bought a late 2006 model Blackbook.

Here are the issues:

Case cracking below because they simply did not make rubber proctectors and chose cheap plastic.

Finger print magnet- wtf can't touch the damn thing without making it look all greasy.

Screen flicker is so bad that mine is now in for repair.

Plastic case scratches like crazy.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
Boo Hoo

From what I understand, the case is fine. Showing finger prints is a result of buying a black laptop. And case cracking seems weird...I've never heard of it. Atleast not as a major flaw with the MacBook...maybe you hurt it somewho?

And as for the screen problem, sucks, but its getting fixed(for free I hope!) so what can you do but wait?

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005

:rolleyes: Yeah, that's a helpful response. The case cracking where the lid hits the bottom case is a pretty widespread problem, and hopefully one they're doing something about. Yes, the blackbook grabs fingerprints and smears more easily than the white. And the screen flicker is certainly not a single incident with this owner. A little compassion or even help would go a long way toward making the board a nicer place. Or just don't say anything. :eek:

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
I'd say that starting a thread with a title other than 'suckbook' would go even farther towards making this a nice place.

I concur. I really dislike it when someone shows up, out of the blue, and acts like the members are their 'whipping boy'. If this follows form, then we will have the act of contrition to follow, "I am sorry, but I am frustrated...", etc.

chex

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
sp he's not supposed to be annoyed about the fact that he got a lemon?

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
He started a thread called suckbook, and his username is mmoron27. Oops, misread that username.

Course, I call my windows laptop my "piece of craptop." So somebody is pissed. Somebody, somewhere is always pissed. Maybe we should have the "Pissed Off" forum for the people who screwed up or got screwed.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
And this is why I'm selling my BlackBook before anything bad happens and getting a MBP.

See toaster, you are moving on the path to enlightenment. Mac's don't suck, they simply need to be traded for the next, better model...

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia

Attachments

• troll2.jpg
    troll2.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 89

SMM

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2006
Tiger Mountain - WA State
And this is why I'm selling my BlackBook before anything bad happens and getting a MBP.

Do what you want, but we now have two Blackbooks. My wife got hers for Christmas. Looks as good as the days she got it. It is a fine machine, and I just bought one for myself. I have a 17" MBP, which goes back and forth to work and extended trips. I just wanted a quick, small traveler too.

chex

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Do you even know what a troll is? It's someone that posts random unhelpful nonsense and 1-ups their post count on the forum, kind of like what you're doing now.

The OP got a crappy laptop and has a right to complain about it, are you so naive or blind that you can't accept that it happens?

meh I hate fanbois, you're an embarassment to the rest of us.

myjellyass

macrumors regular
May 1, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
There is always going to be a few people that have a problem with any computer they bought, be it a mac or not. However, you didn't seem to ask for anybody's views or ask a question, this purely is a moaning thread and hense i lost all respect for you from the very begining, sorry.

flopticalcube

macrumors G4
Do you even know what a troll is? It's someone that posts random unhelpful nonsense and 1-ups their post count on the forum, kind of like what you're doing now.

That is possibly one of the worst definitions of "troll" I have ever read.

Wikipedia:

In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who intentionally posts derogatory or otherwise inflammatory messages about sensitive topics in an established online community such as an online discussion forum to bait users into responding

munckee

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2005
I'd say that starting a thread with a title other than 'suckbook' would go even farther towards making this a nice place.

Also quite true, I'd let that get away from me. Though the frustration isn't surprising. We all want our new computer to work perfectly. I'll admit, I'm a little worried about my impending macbook purchase based on a number of threads I've read like this one.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Well a knurled or satin finish would look as pleasing, and if you go that route you might as well go with the standard PC plastics.

Fingerprints and scratches are par for the course for polycarbonate, since it is a rather soft plastic.

However, the plastic case -- even though it can end up looking worn quick -- is rather durable compared to the abuse it can withstand compared to the aluminum can skin MBPs.

Though Apple can solve a bit of the wear issues if they offered simple 3M skins in a variety of styles, after all they offer iPod socks.

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
:rolleyes: Yeah, that's a helpful response.

This person wasn't asking for help.

90% of laptops were black. and they never showed fingerprints. Apple needs to fix the problem, not ignore it.

You'll notice that the texture of the black MacBook is very smooth, while most black laptops are a little more coarse - they don't show the fingerprints well (but they are there). It's not a "problem" - you can easily see this in stores before buying one.

FYI lots and LOTs of PC notebooks show fingerprints.

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
i'm loving my blackbook. i picked it up about a week ago. it is the new 2.16 model. yes, the fingerprints do show. no, they don't bother me enough to complain about it. if i wanted it to stay clean, i wouldn't be using it; what's the point of that? i bought this thing to put it to work and it hasn't shown any signs of slowing down. it's working great! and this is coming from somebody who used to own a macbook pro 2.16. :)

Cybergypsy

macrumors 68040
May 16, 2006
Central Florida!
They know because you told them? You post enough anti-Apple stuff that I am certainly not convinced you are not a troll.
Let me see 6K in Bad Apples and i voice my thoughts and i am a troll??? You have to be kidding anti-apple......yep, to much money down the drain, will i buy another mac....yes in time......for now Vista baby....much say that the low end PC runs much better then my macbook ever did, and thats from a maclover..........oh and i was a member before you so watch who you call a troll

Kamikaze

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2006
Denver, Colorado
I really believe attitude is everything. I had a lemon 20" iMac, RSS and a recently cracked case on my Blackbook and everytime I have approached Apple calm and cool and EVERY time they have taken care of me or made things right. Apple's customer care rocks. If you didn't get good care maybe you walked in proclaiming you had a "Suckbook". :rolleyes:
Cheers:apple: :apple: :apple:

dpaanlka

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2004
Illinois
Let me see 6K in Bad Apples and i voice my thoughts and i am a troll???

I find it hard to believe, but even if so, surely you must see that you are an extreme extreme case. I have several hundred thousand dollars worth of Apple computers in my house and I haven't had any major problems.

Maybe it's just you.

And if you don't have anything productive to add to MacRumors, you don't have Macs anymore, and you profess to dislike Macs now, why are you still posting? Surely you don't have nearly enough Mac experience to be helping anybody from memory. In fact, you can't be helping anybody in any way possible. This makes you a troll.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.