Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
I LOVE remixed videogame music. I have tons, I'd post, but I'm really tired right now.

But...Google for: Hyrule Symphony. It's a fully orchestrated Zelda: Ocarina of Time soundtrack, done by Koji Kondo himself. Gerudo Valley on violins is pure amazing.

I LOVE that Donkey Kong Country 2 track. That's definitely going on my MP3 CD.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Good ol' OCRemix. Been going there a while now, some of the Lemmings, Sonic and Turrican tracks are very very good.

There's even a remix of Cave Storys outer wall level which is beautiful (though they do seem to brush aside the highlight of the original song).

edit: aaand if you're into Amiga music- http://www.exotica.org.uk/, has a lot.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My brother found that live Smash Bros concert yesterday :) the one they gave out free with some mags a while ago. It's very very awesome and worth looking for. Skin tingly good! On my Alya's it melts me little ears :D

Anyone else think the Fire Emblem theme overture is one of the most underrated in video games?

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Listening to those remixes is just another painful reminder of how much I wish I could use Logic, or even just Garageband (and knowing that I am too lazy to ever learn them).

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I listen to OCRemix on and off when i remember about it. There is some good stuff in there. But there is also some bad stuff too. I love the Mega Man remix of Blue Reflection By Injury. I don't know if it's still on there or not.

But if you guys like that stuff, try out Video Games Live. It's a full orchestral concert of video game music. Brought to you by the likes of Tommy Telarico, sorry if I spelled it wrong. he has good musical sense and it seems really cool. I just haven't had a chance to go because I live too far from the concerts. But I have been to Play! A Video Game Symphony, and that was awesome. Hearing video game music live with a full symphony orchestra is fantastic.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
I like the Castlevania soundtrack that came with my portrait of ruin cart

The FF soundtracks are great, some of the best in the business imo.

Ed

furcalchick

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2006
South Florida
ocremix has some really good stuff, and stuff that is equally as bad. i visit sometimes to see what's going on.

but i agree this is a genre that has been underlooked in music.

btw, anyone know about crush 40? awesome band.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.