Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iWonder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I don't know whats happening to my MacBook Pro !

Today morning I had a 6 hour train journey and when I reached my home, I opened my MBP and first iTunes gave a weird message that it did not find the iTunes library . I searched and showed it the location of library .
Then I opened Macromedia Dreamweaver & Adobe Photoshop, its not been 10 mins since I opened it (it was in sleep mode, as always) and now its burning Hot !!

I shut it down for 1 1/2 hours to cool down. Finally it opened up after around 10 mins which seemed like an eternity. Spotlight won't search everything so slow !! its like running a Windows 95 machine.

After quite a few tries, the spotlight somewhat got balanced. But now a big problem came up - the text COPY/PASTE won't work (the file copy/paste is working). Just imagine working or just surfing without Copy/Paste :|

I can't drag a file to a running program like a music file to itunes or some file to upload via Transmit etc.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks !

iWonder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I just noticed that I can't drag link to bookmark toolbar in my Firefox.

Something is seriously wrong :confused:

iWonder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I forgot to mention that when I open Photoshop , it first gives me a pop up error - "Could not import the clipboard because of a program error." And I can't save any file from Photoshop as it says "Could not complete the Export Command because of a program error."

And sometimes it crashes with message "An unexpected and unrecoverable problem has occured because of a program error. Photoshop will now exit."

maxrobertson

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
Jakarta
Go to your home folder and open the library folder and then open the preferences folder. Select all the files and delete them, then log out and back in. It might help, but it will also make you reset all of your application preferences.

lancestraz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 27, 2005
RI
I think this is a problem with the windowserver. I can't remember how to fix it....

Have you installed any hacks or mods recently?

iWonder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
Thanks! it some how cured itself and I think clearing the preferences helped .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.