Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvergunuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2003
England
Id like to say well done to Jonathon Ive who just won British Designer of the Year Award. I saw his interview on tv and felt proud...Another win for us mac users.

gotohamish

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2001
BKLN
Re: Well done Jonathon Ive

Originally posted by silvergunuk
Id like to say well done to Jonathon Ive who just won British Designer of the Year Award. I saw his interview on tv and felt proud...Another win for us mac users.

I bet he's designed himself a badass mantlepiece to put these mounting awards on!

silvergunuk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2003
England
total ace!

lol theres a good idea. lets hope its not beige. I reckon he probably designed the trophy

ant

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2002
Jonathan Ive - Best

Yep, I think Jonathan Ive is the best product designer there is. Hey if u guys wanna see more about him there is a program on tv about the designer of the year on BBC 2 on Wednesday 11th June. Check out the design museum's website for more details on the tv program.

What would u do if u saw him in the street?

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
if i saw him on the street, i'd beg him to marry me. he's hot, handsome, wonderful, talented and rich. he's the kind of guy every girl would want :p
I LOVE YOU JONATHAN IVE!!!

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Originally posted by Mr.Hey
you sure is purty when you talk that way baby :cool:

You best watch out taliking to über that way, buddy. :D

Just kidding.

Congratulations to Ive. He deserves it. The iMac and iPod are truly triumphs of industrial design.

pauld

macrumors regular
Jonathan Ive - Designer of the year?

I heard someone saying he won designer of the year (presumably the D&D awards that Apple have cleaned up at for the past few years.)

Anyone have any information on this???

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
Originally posted by übergeek
if i saw him on the street, i'd beg him to marry me. he's hot, handsome, wonderful, talented and rich. he's the kind of guy every girl would want :p
I LOVE YOU JONATHAN IVE!!!

I would probably do the same thing, which is kind of.... disturbing...;)

ant

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2002
Jonathan Ive Video

hey guys could you send me a link where i can download that video with Jonathan Ive, I would love to watch it. Or if u could send it to me. All help appreciated.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by ibookin'
You best watch out taliking to über that way, buddy. :D
gawd josh...enough! :p :) ;) :D

voicegy: i happen to have like five copies of that issue of Time :) it's great...and teh way the author describes Ive has been stuck in my head..."amiable genius".
kinda feels like an oxymoron...

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Originally posted by cb911
huh? who is that guy? is he a designer at Apple or something?
Jonathan Ive is not just a designer at apple.
He is teh vp of industrial design at apple. he's like the head of their ID team :p
he's in his mid 30's i think.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.