Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
I just found a great deal on an internal HD. I have an older 15" Powerbook, 1 GHZ, with 2 GB of RAM. The HD is by Fujitsu, 120GB, 5400 RPM, 2.5 inch, 8 MB cache. Model # MHV2120AH PL,

Would this work on my PB? I need to find out soon before I leave! Thanks!!

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Sorry, I don't have a link. I already listed out the specs above though. The model number is MHV2120AH PL Hope that helps!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
How could you not have a link if you found it online? I'm sure it'll be there for you to buy if it does indeed work--if that is your concern.

Anyway I think it'll work and if it doesn't then you got your amazing deal anyway!

Links to deals for this drive:
Dell $80
Newegg $80

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Sorry, I don't have a link. I already listed out the specs above though. The model number is MHV2120AH PL Hope that helps!

Problem: The specs you list are not the specs we need.
How thick is it?
What interface is it?

You're the one wanting help - why do you make us Google the link?

It's an ATA-7, 9.5mm thick drive. The specifications are nominally correct for your machine.

mooshoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Calm down fellas!

Firstly, I'm not purchasing this online (should have made that clear). I just got this offer from a friend who works at a brick/mortar PC shop, located in TAIPEI, TAIWAN, which is where I'm currently visiting (I live in the states). I don't have any of the specs other than what I mentioned above. My friend doesn't know squat about Apple hardware. I barely know anything either.

But so far the consensus is that this unit will work?

Spyderracing, that looks like the right one in the pic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.