Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I am having an occasional problem in iTunes where my main screen (songs, movies, TV shows, podcasts etc.) is totally blank (as in solid white) and when I change it to visual effects, iPod control screen or iTunes Store, and then go back to the main screen, it retains what was on it.
I had the problem twice, the first time I solved it by replacing iTunes.app by the iTunes.app in my backup folder, the second time by reinstalling iTunes.
No real damage was done, but it's pretty annoying.
I don't use any mods or plugins that would cause this.

does this sound familiar to anyone?

Jan 30, 2006
This happened to me, but a re-install solved the problem.

It seems the general recommendation when you can't solve something is to repair permissions, so give it a try, it might help.

This happened to me because of the app UNO, maybe it has something to do with a recent app you have just installed.

fenixx

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2006
This happened to me, but a re-install solved the problem.

It seems the general recommendation when you can't solve something is to repair permissions, so give it a try, it might help.

This happened to me because of the app UNO, maybe it has something to do with a recent app you have just installed.

Same thing, UNO did that to me, but a reinstall of iTunes fixed it for me.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
oh, that must be it. I didn't think of it because I have been using both for quite some time without problems, but anyways I'm glad I know what caused it.

btw, did you use UNO to have the older types of buttons? Some people disliked the look of iTunes 7 (which appears to be the look of Leopard) but I think it looks great.

Jan 30, 2006
I just use UNO to have the same theme in all the windows.

What do you mean with "older type of buttons"? Can UNO change other things that just the color of the theme?

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
I just use UNO to have the same theme in all the windows.

What do you mean with "older type of buttons"? Can UNO change other things that just the color of the theme?

Yep, it can change how the buttons in a particular app look, eg making the buttons in iTunes 7 look like those from iTunes 6 or earlier.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.