Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
<random thread> And no I've never drank rubbing alcohol, but it has the same smell and the link between smell and taste are pretty similar.

Confirm/Deny?

My least favorite spirit but I still drink it. :rolleyes: </random thread>

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
How cheap a vodka do you have.;)

Well it's not my vodka but it's Grey Goose.

I remember a party where cheap vodka and warm OJ was dispensed like water, nastiest thing in the world.

mattscott306

macrumors 68040
Jan 16, 2007
Well it's not my vodka but it's Grey Goose.

I remember a party where cheap vodka and warm OJ was dispensed like water, nastiest thing in the world.

Grey Goose is not cheap...
Vodka tastes pretty good, but it depends on how your drinking it. I had some redbull/vodka earlier this evening- it was great. I'm not a huge vodka shot fan, gotta mix it with something. Whereas I know of a certain mac rumors member who's all for vodka shots.

D0ct0rteeth

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2002
Franklin, TN
grey goose isnt bad vodka at all. Im a fan of Belvedere vodka myself.

I understand your comparison, but as you drink more and your tastes develop you may find that you've come to enjoy the taste and find a brand or type of alcohol that you like.

- Doc

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
I used to love vodka, but I can't drink it anymore. Once at a friends place, I drank a gallon of cheap 110 proof vodka and got alcohol poisoning. That was definitely not a fun experience. For two days there were evil faeries inside my bedroom walls scratching and whispering the most awful things at me. Now I get dry heaves at the smell of vodka. I now mainly stick to Irish beers and whiskeys, with the occasional swig of homemade moonshine when I visit my dad. I learned that moderation is the key.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I can't do more then 1 hard vodka shot but mixing it with juice of some kind is always good.:)

wkw

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2004
Eugene, OR
I used to love vodka, but I can't drink it anymore. Once at a friends place, I drank a gallon of cheap 110 proof vodka and got alcohol poisoning. That was definitely not a fun experience. For two days there were evil faeries inside my bedroom walls scratching and whispering the most awful things at me. Now I get dry heaves at the smell of vodka. I now mainly stick to Irish beers and whiskeys, with the occasional swig of homemade moonshine when I visit my dad. I learned that moderation is the key.

you drank a GALLON? holy cow. thats alot of booze

jng

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2007
Germany
I love Vodka, especially the good stuff from Russia. One of my housemates brought some back one time and we opened it at dinner. Basically 3 of us drank the entire bottle (a liter? maybe .75). It was soooo smooth. Nothing like rubbing alcohol.

I've avoided vodka since then because everything else pales in comparison. =/

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
I love Vodka, especially the good stuff from Russia. One of my housemates brought some back one time and we opened it at dinner. Basically 3 of us drank the entire bottle (a liter? maybe .75). It was soooo smooth. Nothing like rubbing alcohol.

I've avoided vodka since then because everything else pales in comparison. =/

My parents got me a liter of Cork Dry Gin when they went to Ireland again in April (Chaperoning a high school trip too. Tsk tsk. :rolleyes: ). As with your vodka, SMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTH. I need to find a place to buy it in the US. :cool:

DZ/015

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
New England
Grey Goose is one of the best vodkas I have ever tasted. Nothing like rubbing alcohol.

Here in Massachusetts, we had a former first lady (remember Kitty?) who was well known for imbibing rubbing alcohol. Rehab did not take.

geese

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
London, UK
I used to live with someone as a student who'd drink cheap Tesco's Vodka (Tesco being the UK equivelent of Wal-Mart) and mix it with Sunny Delight.

Made him a little bit mental.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
I once had Absolut Tangerine vodka shots. Yummy. :)

But mmmm...I'll stick with tequila shots.

thats great vodka, but i'll take shots of Jäger instead.

vodka isn't the best shot imo, but its great for mixing. and it goes with just about anything.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
I like Grey Goose. From the thread title I thought you were going to be taling about Vladivar or something really rough. The sort of crap my parents drink :D

We normally get our vodka from Russia, as my partner has a number of Russian clients who bring it back for us as presents. So not only good vodka, but free vodka. Could you possibly want anything more?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
So not only good vodka, but free vodka. Could you possibly want anything more?
Someone to share it with? :p

When out in a restaurant/ bar, I used to call Red Bulls & vodkas w/ Grey Goose. But eh, let's face it, I probably can't tell the difference if it's being mixed w/ RB. :p So now I just save my money. At home? Cheapo Gordon's for me-- their label claims it's the most "mixable" vodka and I'm inclined to believe so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.