Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daveporter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
Ever since I upgraded to the beta version of Safari 3 I can not forward attachments in the Mail program. The attachments just no longer show up when you hit forward as they did previously.

Can anyone else confirm this problem?

Thanks,

Dave

daveporter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
Is no one but me experiencing this problem?

This problem is really a show stopper for me as I manage a number of engineering teams and pass emails from one team member on to others by forwarding many times each day.

Would really appreciate it if someone else would check this out. If its not related to Safari 3 then I will need to troubleshoot this more.

If you want to check this out just send yourself an email with a graphic file attached. Then when you receive it, forward it on to yourself and see if the graphic file shows up in the forwarded file when you receive it.

Thanks,

Dave

daveporter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
I would really appreciate it if someone would take a minute to try to duplicate this problem. If its only my problem I would like to know so that I can troubleshoot it further.

Thanks!

Dave

vanderwoude

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2007
Empty forward in mail after installing Safari 3 beta

3 people in our graphic design studio have the same problem after installing Safari 3 beta.
In 'Mail' when you forward an e-mail with an attachment, it does not include or only partially includes the text or attachment.

I hope the guys at Apple are working on a bug fix for this.

daveporter

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Green Cove Springs, FL
3 people in our graphic design studio have the same problem after installing Safari 3 beta.
In 'Mail' when you forward an e-mail with an attachment, it does not include or only partially includes the text or attachment.

I hope the guys at Apple are working on a bug fix for this.

Thank you so much for responding to my post! At least now I know that it was the Safari 3 install that caused the problem and do not have to go looking for another problem. Now the question is do I uninstall Safari 3 and go back to Camino or find a work around for the mail forward problem? I really like Safari 3 and would prefer not to go back so I will find a work around if there is one.

Again thank you very much,

Dave

hapeninhap

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2007
the same thing happened to me. i didnt put two and two together that it might be safari until your post.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.