Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
so i have a Direct TV HD DVR box with the recent soprano episodes on them

i also just installed toast 8 and i noticed that there is an option for tivo transfers.

this box has an ethernet port, usb, and some other ports which could potentially be used to transfer stuff.

is it possible to transfer recorded programs from this box to my mac?

i also have vista home premium installed. if its possible would vista be easier?

sorry for such a vague description... thanks in advance.

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
To get shows off my Motorola DVR I have used iRecord to get the file onto my hard drive, then MPEG Streamclip to convert it to mpeg format, iMovie to edit out all the commericals, and iDVD to burn to DVD.

obeygiant

macrumors 601
Jan 14, 2002
totally cool
To get shows off my Motorola DVR I have used iRecord to get the file onto my hard drive, then MPEG Streamclip to convert it to mpeg format, iMovie to edit out all the commericals, and iDVD to burn to DVD.

Dang, what a process. Was there any rendering?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Dang, what a process. Was there any rendering?

Yeah, a long way around but the image looks exactly as good as the HD signal it came from (I actually haven't done the last part yet, I just keep it as a mpeg file on my hard drive as opposed to a DVD, but using iDVD to create a DVD would be the last step)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.