Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
I use Mail regularly, and it works great for me, but there's one annoying little problem. Sometimes when I receive HTML Email, such as Apple's own newsletter, some of the images don't load and just appear as red-tinted boxes. My connection speed is fine (DSL at work and cable modem at home), but it happens on both my iMac at work and my iBook. Does anyone else experience this? I'm guessing that it's a timeout issue and that Mail gives up after x seconds of loading and just shows a red box. If so, is there any way to change that?

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Originally posted by yzedf
Stop accepting HTML emails...?

:) OK, I knew I was gonna get that one... But seriously, I should be able to view HTML Email, whether I believe in the format or not. Mailing list mail (not spam, but the stuff you actually asked for), often comes in HTML Email format, such as the regular mails from Apple itself ("New Music Tuesdays", etc).

Quark

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2002
Mine started doing that yesterday.

I noticed it on the e-mail from Apple iTunes Music Store. Virtually all of the images were those boxes.

The Mail program was working great for a long time. But I find this annoying, but bearable as a an update to the Mail program is coming up.

Quark

JGF0x

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2007
Kicking it up old school style

I'm having a problem with my Mail in OS X 10.5.2. It's not displaying any inbox mail images at all. Solutions?

Cromulent

macrumors 604
Oct 2, 2006
The Land of Hope and Glory
Preferences > Viewing > Display remote images in e-mail

If that doesn't work, make sure Mail does not think the e-mail is junk mail. If it does then it won't show the images.

Edit : Damn it. Why bump a thread that is over four years old?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.