Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
I am having a replacement Wii shipped to me because when I try to connect to the WiiShop Channel, I get error 205927. It was able to download updates and I can access the Weather and News channels but not the WiiShop channel. I have also had other problems which I did not tell Nintendo about. Sometimes when I put a disc in I can hear it spin then I hear this clicking noise, then spinning and clicking until I get an error message. Sometimes I couldn't even eject the disc or turn it off. I had to unplug it.

But anyway, they are sending me a new Wii. I should be able to transfer all of my game saves over via SD card, right? But what about Miis. They told me I could transfer them but I would lose all stats and would never be able to edit them. I'm not too worried about editing them but I don't want to lose my WiiSports stats. Is there anyway to keep these? Maybe if I copy my Miis to the new system and then my WiiSports save data?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
You can send them to your controller, or I believe by putting them online they will always stay up there (though you probably need to exchange friend codes to get that working). I think they're still usable, and you can still save data/saves through them. Just not be able to edit them physically.

Mii managers might be able to "edit" them to work on your new system - I've no idea.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
Thanks Jimmi. What about transferring my Wii Sports data so it will still be with my Mii. Is that possible?

SamIchi

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2004
Thanks Jimmi. What about transferring my Wii Sports data so it will still be with my Mii. Is that possible?

If that was the same error I had, you can't transfer game data. I put mine on a SD card, but the guy said it won't be recognized on the new Wii. I don't know if it works, cause I didn't try after I got my new Wii, but you can put it on a card anyways. I had a good records on Wii Sports and Zelda, oh well.

I should've exchanged it when i got it, but waited like 6 months after.

bowens

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 19, 2006
Florida
If that was the same error I had, you can't transfer game data. I put mine on a SD card, but the guy said it won't be recognized on the new Wii. I don't know if it works, cause I didn't try after I got my new Wii, but you can put it on a card anyways. I had a good records on Wii Sports and Zelda, oh well.

I should've exchanged it when i got it, but waited like 6 months after.

Well, from what I've read, if you're running the same firmware one both machines then the copy will go fine. I was able to update my firmware on the machine I have now. So before I try to copy anything I will update the firmware on the new Wii. Hopefully it will work.

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
I am having a replacement Wii shipped to me because when I try to connect to the WiiShop Channel, I get error 205927.

That sounds similar to my Everybody Votes Channel... Can't vote on anything and haven't been able to for months... always error code 051330, or something like that.

Internet, News, Weather and Shop all work fine... just no voting... I might have to try calling when I get back from a short vacation...

Out of curiosity how did you contact them?

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Transferring Zelda saves and the likes work perfectly. I took Excite Truck to Carolines a few weeks back with my SD save and carried on playing where I was up to on my Wii. Only thing is I forgot to copy the save back onto the SD card :D

As for Wii Sports and Mii games? I don't know. I'll give it a try tomorrow since I'm off to Carolines, I'll take Mario Football and see what happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.