Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Two problems:

First: I have an XBOX 360 hooked up to live. When i plug the headset in, it recognizes that it is plugged in, and i think other people can hear me, although i am really not sure, but i cant hear anyone through the headset, nor through the TV speakers.

Second: When i try and play HALO online, it says my account has been suspended till 9999. This happens on all regular XBOX games too. Any ideas? Thanks.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
Two problems:

First: I have an XBOX 360 hooked up to live. When i plug the headset in, it recognizes that it is plugged in, and i think other people can hear me, although i am really not sure, but i cant hear anyone through the headset, nor through the TV speakers.

All voice chat goes through the headset; I don't recall any games putting the voice chat dialogue through the system's audio out (ie tv, stereo, 5.1 system etc).

Try turning up the volume on the 360 headset...unless you're using a 3rd party headset...?

Second: When i try and play HALO online, it says my account has been suspended till 9999. This happens on all regular XBOX games too. Any ideas? Thanks.

Banned console?
Banned account?
Those are my only ideas. :confused:
Maybe call the Xbox Live support staff and ask?

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
its not a 3rd party headset, the sound is up all the way, and i can hear it "power on" when i connect it to the controller.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
its not a 3rd party headset, the sound is up all the way, and i can hear it "power on" when i connect it to the controller.

Hmm...I would say maybe the speaker became disconnected, but you said you hear it power on so that's not it.

I'd call tech support and have them send a new one. (which reportedly is pretty easy and hassle free from what wwooden said in this thread)

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Well the only thing is, its not a new headset. It just hasnt been used in awile, since Live hasnt been active for awile.

zero2dash

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2006
Fenton, MO
I'd still call 'em, can't hurt anything. Worst case scenario - you lose a few minutes of the day. Best case - free new headset. ;)

Telp

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 6, 2007
Alright then, your right, cant hurt, thanks for the help.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
All voice chat goes through the headset; I don't recall any games putting the voice chat dialogue through the system's audio out (ie tv, stereo, 5.1 system etc).

Try turning up the volume on the 360 headset...unless you're using a 3rd party headset...?

Banned console?
Banned account?
Those are my only ideas. :confused:
Maybe call the Xbox Live support staff and ask?

You're console isn't "modded" is it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.