Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3nm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
one reason i like goin to vegas is b/c i can eat an unlimited amount of fried bacons at those cheap breakfast buffets. :D

someguy

macrumors 68020
Dec 4, 2005
Still here.
I haven't read any of this thread, with the exception of the first post.

That said, I could eat nothing but bacon for the rest of my life, and be completely satisfied.

I mean, yeah my life expectancy would be drastically shortened, and I'd gain so much weight that no girl would ever want to sleep with me, so my life would pretty much suck, but it would be worth it.

Yeah, it's that good.

imac/cheese

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
I haven't read any of this thread, with the exception of the first post.

That said, I could eat nothing but bacon for the rest of my life, and be completely satisfied.

I mean, yeah my life expectancy would be drastically shortened, and I'd gain so much weight that no girl would ever want to sleep with me, so my life would pretty much suck, but it would be worth it.

Yeah, it's that good.

You would actually probably lose weight. How much bacon can one consume? If all you had to eat was bacon, you would probably get sick of it quickly and not eat nearly as much, only eating when you were really hungry. I can't imagine eating 2000 calories of bacon evey day. (that would be at least three slices. :D ) I agree, though, your life expectancy would be rather short.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Damnit. This is taunting me and my lack of bacon. Really wanted a bacon roll this morning, but alas, the bacon had been taken to make quiche. :(

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I was just thinking of this thread last night as my son was opening a gag gift from his uncle.

Bacon luggage tags.

No, not real bacon, but still...

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I love bacon, it adds something to almost any meal.

Don't you just love it when you get an extra rasher in the packet.

Aug 6, 2007
I love bacon, it adds something to almost any meal.

Don't you just love it when you get an extra rasher in the packet.

HOLY THREAD RESURRECTION BATMAN.

;)

Bacon is ace. especially grilled on a chicken breast with some cheese and barbecue sauce.

Take that, Ainsley Harriott.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
I'm a vegetarian and have been all my life but I have tried bacon simply to make people ****, I can't say I care for it I'd rather have some nice smoked salmon fried in butter in it's place.

Antares

macrumors 68000
Great, this thread had to come back. I'm really craving some bacon right now. Thanks.

I like my bacon cooked to a crisp with most of the fat melted off. If there's fat on a strip, I'm known to pick as much off as I can.

Bacon is one the most versatile foods on the planet...It can be added to virtually any type of meal...chicken, turkey, burgers, hot dogs, eggs, steak, mac n' cheese, pizza, shrimp, scallops, fish, rice dishes, pasta....even healthy foods, like a salad or steamed vegetables.

Incredibly tasty but truly a heart attack meal: Take a hot dog, wrap it in bacon and then deep fry it. Place it in a bun and smother it with chili, cheese and fried onions. My mouth is watering right now.

Has anyone here ever tried Jones Bacon Soda? It was an interesting flavored beverage. ...But, yeah, I think I'll stick with the real thing.

Aug 6, 2007
I hate bacon, or any form of pork for that matter. Too disgusting of an animal to eat. sorry.

"I don't wanna eat nothin' that ain't got enough sense to disregard its own faeces"

haha. Pulp Fiction is so quotable.

scotthayes

macrumors 68000
Jun 6, 2007
Planet Earth
Can't beat a bacon sandwich. Nice thick cut back bacon, thick soft white bread and a fried egg with a splash of tomato ketchup all washed down with a cup of tea.

Damn, now I'm fed up as the butchers is closed and will have to wait until tomorrow to get some bacon in.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Bacon sandwiches are the greatest breakfast EVER!

Real bacon though, not that nasty crispy stuff you get in the US. I'm talking thick cut unsmoked middleback. Mmmmmmm!

Teh Don Ditty

macrumors G4
Jan 15, 2007
Maryland
Yeah go ahead and miss a few lines out. :rolleyes: haha.

The fact remains: Bacon tastes goooooooooood
Pork chops taste goooooooood

:D;)

Well I didn't want to go through that entire scene! It's not like I don't know the lines. Punk. :p

:D

Bacon sandwiches are the greatest breakfast EVER!

Real bacon though, not that nasty crispy stuff you get in the US. I'm talking thick cut unsmoked middleback. Mmmmmmm!

Do you have a beer with your bacon? Dead serious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.