Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tem07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
going to buy it for 1,095 usd.
he is in the line, 6th, and is guaranteed one. just won the best offer, and i think it's worth it because i will pay when he has the iphone in hand. :D
and when the iphone is released on ebay, dude, prices i bet will be in the mid 2 thousands.

and i will try this iphone in the uk, and it will be cool :)
what do you lads think?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Most of the features in the current phones won't work in the UK, don't waste your money.

tem07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
yer but there must be some hacks
heard about some hacks from some indian guys somewhere.... :/ :eek:

Steven Jackson

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2006
Lincoln, U.K.
But it won't work, surely? You can't change the SIM card, so you'll be connected to a USA network. Your calls will be massively expensive -- and that's if they even let you sign up for a monthly plan. I'm sure they will check the address of the credit card, see you are outside the US and block you.

Save your money, for goodness sake. You could buy a nice phone in the UK, throw it in the bin when iPhone is released in December, buy an iPhone and still spend less money...

Steve.

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
going to buy it for 1,095 usd.
he is in the line, 6th, and is guaranteed one. just won the best offer, and i think it's worth it because i will pay when he has the iphone in hand. :D
and when the iphone is released on ebay, dude, prices i bet will be in the mid 2 thousands.

and i will try this iphone in the uk, and it will be cool :)
what do you lads think?

Are you sure you're English? You just said 'dude'... :confused:

tem07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
not english, i am russian, just live in england... been brought up in many many cultures :cool:

infact, i think i am quite lucky though, the item is now apparently 'invalid' seems that ebay have removed it....

well i guess it's best not to get it now, but i will get it in the summer if there is a hack to use europe sims with all the features etc. or maybe not all :/

tem07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
meh
might just get the iphone for the fun of it :/
it's meant to be for my mom :/

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
not english, i am russian, just live in england... been brought up in many many cultures :cool:

infact, i think i am quite lucky though, the item is now apparently 'invalid' seems that ebay have removed it....

well i guess it's best not to get it now, but i will get it in the summer if there is a hack to use europe sims with all the features etc. or maybe not all :/

Hard to believe, but it's summer already :cool: Anyway, hang on until a decent UK-ready iPhone is launched.

clayfu

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
and the phones not going to sell out or be hard to find within the months. I believe Jobs said they had a sufficient allocation for most everyone?

You can't expect 10 million unit sales in one year without a very very large allocation of phones produced.

Unless jobs lied about the 400k being prepared for today? (nintendo wii hype!)

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
and the phones not going to sell out or be hard to find within the months. I believe Jobs said they had a sufficient allocation for most everyone?

You can't expect 10 million unit sales in one year without a very very large allocation of phones produced.

Unless jobs lied about the 400k being prepared for today? (nintendo wii hype!)

Someone here posted that there are only 70m mobile phone users in the USA but I'm sure that can't be true with a population of 250m.

clayfu

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2007
Someone here posted that there are only 7m mobile phone users in the USA but I'm sure that can't be true with a population of 250m.

that can't possibly be true haha. I think in California alone we account for the 7 million.

deannnnn

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2007
New York City & South Florida
Check out other threads - a UK iPhone is likely to be 3G for faster connection speeds

I know... I read about that...
It's just that you insulted the whole American phone market as a whole.
I know coverage is better abroad... but phones too?

Lol... what's the difference anyway? I'm sorry if I came off as mean.
No need for fighting on iPhone day!!

I have Sprint anyway with a 3G phone and love it :D

Philsy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
South coast of England
I know... I read about that...
It's just that you insulted the whole American phone market as a whole.
I know coverage is better abroad... but phones too?

Lol... what's the difference anyway? I'm sorry if I came off as mean.
No need for fighting on iPhone day!!
D

Insult? Not really - just stating fact; a 2.5G iPhone wouldn't be well received in the UK, especially one without features such as MMS and video recording.

Anyway, as you say, no need for fighting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.