Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmacdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
When I turn on my computer, it gets to the grey screen with the apple logo and a spinny thing to indicate that its busy. However, it hangs here interminably.
Once, it got past this screen and just displayed a blue screen with nothing on it.

I should note that the last thing that happened to my computer was that it froze, and I restarted.

any thoughts?

I can't boot from a cd because it won't eject the one thats in there, even holding the mouse button at startup.

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
When I turn on my computer, it gets to the grey screen with the apple logo and a spinny thing to indicate that its busy. However, it hangs here interminably.
Once, it got past this screen and just displayed a blue screen with nothing on it.

I should note that the last thing that happened to my computer was that it froze, and I restarted.

any thoughts?

I can't boot from a cd because it won't eject the one thats in there, even holding the mouse button at startup.

You can eject the CD manually by following the instructions on Apple's site.

Troubleshooting the slot loading disc drive.

See if you can get the CD out then try restarting and see what happens.

mrmacdude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
okay CD is out, thanks.

However, I still can't boot it regularly or from a disc.

sfisher

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Albuquerque, NM USA

any thoughts?

Very sad thoughts unfortunately :(. This sounds EXACTLY like each of the 3 times my iBook has failed me over the last few years. Each time it required a replacement logic board (motherboard). If its still covered by AppleCare, call them up or go in to an Apple store near you and they will have you try a few things and may come to the same conclusion they did for my machine when it had this problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.