Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

actripxl

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2002
Chicago, IL
Well I don't know if everything here is true, but this is a very INTERESTING read.

http://www.applelust.com/oped/amc/archives/amc030613.shtml

G3-Pwnz-G4

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2003
heh...kinda funny 'bout that last part he said. i watched a thing on the history channel tonight about digitech stuff. in everysingle category, one of the pioneers (ie personal computer, digital camera, pda, etc) was apple. it always got their first, to be copied by "wintel weenies" (lol) later on.

all i know is i'm savin up for a 970. if apple does switch to intel, i shall kick their collective asses.

mislabeledstar

macrumors regular
May 12, 2003
Los Angeles
hmmmm, it's hard to take someone serious when every other word they use is weenie

and there are major questions about those benchmarks he quoted due to the bryce being used and the fact half of the benchmarks used were found elsewhere

mislabeledstar

macrumors regular
May 12, 2003
Los Angeles
pretty much..... it was mixture of the same numbers being found on barefeats without the 970 scores (meaning numbers were just copied, tests not performed), bryce on capable of using a single processor (where in the bench marks there were significant performance gains using dual processors), and i'm not positive about this last part, but i believe they claimed to be using a version of bryce that hasn't been and will not be made........

he should've watched his sources a lil closer before writing that

and definetly shouldn't have used weenie so much

tpjunkie

macrumors 65816
Nov 24, 2002
NYC
I'd be sure to take those benchmarks with at least a grain of salt, seeing as there is no citing of a source for them....but still be optimistic :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.