Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skubish

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
With the exception of an Apple store in Oregon and PA, all the stores are sold out. I wonder when they will restock? I don't really want to order it online.

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
Is it the same with the AT&T stores? The closest Apple Store to me is over an hour away and I'd hate to go all the way down there and find that they are sold out.

With the exception of an Apple store in Oregon and PA, all the stores are sold out. I wonder when they will restock? I don't really want to order it online.
  • Pittsburgh, Shadyside - Pennsylvania
  • Tigard, Bridgeport Village - Oregon
They've been saying 2-3 weeks for online orders I think. I mean... 700,000 phones. Hot damn! That's... some serious selling. Anyone call them and find out when they'll be in stock again? Personally, I still wanted to know when the Apple Bluetooth headset would be in, although I already went ahead and got a Jawbone.
Is it the same with the AT&T stores? The closest Apple Store to me is over an hour away and I'd hate to go all the way down there and find that they are sold out.
I think the AT&T stores all sold out first.
Seriously,
I wanted to pick mine up tomorrow.:mad:
I had a friend that is right about to decide (now that he knows the iPhone SIM will work in any AT&T phone, so he doesn't have to use his iPhone everywhere). But, fate has stepped in. Doh.

~ CB

chatster18

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
I drove to 3 stores this morning, the first didnt have ANY, the second had 7 8gig and 1 4gig, there were 6 people in front of me 1 took 2 8gigs, 1 took an 8 and the 4, and and the rest took the remaining 8gig iPhones....and the killer is, I was number 7 inline!!! I was just one away!!! (and the third had none)

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I called 20 stores yesterday....none had any
I called the same stores today....several had 4 gig ones....1 had an 8-gig one

I drove an hour to get the 8-gig one in Laplace, LA

Ugh

Was worth it though

Noumenon

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Checking the Apple web site for availability, none here in Florida has any. :eek: I would imagine the online orders exceed the walk-in sales by orders of a magnitude.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
Checking the Apple web site for availability, none here in Florida has any. :eek: I would imagine the online orders exceed the walk-in sales by orders of a magnitude.

Call each store within a 20 mile radius everyday, imo.

1-2-3 will eventually get some within the next 2 days

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA
I guess it must be good for Apple to see that their initial supply did sell out, but hopefully they'll be able to get more iPhones out of the warehouse for the second onslaught of buyers. I'm glad to see my local store (Shadyside) still is in stock, though.

dangleheart

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2007
The Apple store at 106 Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA 98004 sold out quite a while back. That is just about 10 minutes from Microsoft, hop on to 520 then a mile on 405...I wonder if a lot of Microsofties are closet iPhone owners..:)

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I think that may just be for Apple stores because several AT&T stores down here had a few here and there earlier today and imo some more around Texas/Miss have a few here and there.

Very sparse though

sportsfanMAW

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2006
only two store in the US have iphones!!

I just check all the states and there are only two stores that have them!! hopefully apple gets some more here soon!

Justo706

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Shipping

Im guessing that they did not run their shipments on the 4th beacuse of the holiday. I think they should be back in stores by friday.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Im guessing that they did not run their shipments on the 4th beacuse of the holiday. I think they should be back in stores by friday.

This whole getting an iPhone thing is really getting annoying. Shouldn't macrumors members get special treatment or something?:D

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
I was at the Oregon Bridgeport store the other day. I think they only had 4GB iPhones. It's good to know the closest Apple Store to me sells the least ...

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
I got tired of calling my local AT&T stores and the Apple Store in Sacramento, so I ordered an 8GB online this morning. I received a confirmation e-mail late this evening stating that it "will ship by July 20th". If I do find one locally before Apple ships my iPhone, can I still cancel my online order without paying any cancellation fees?
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.