Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
i doesn't necessarily tell you to, but shows you how to. i'd give it a shot. maybe you'll like it. maybe you won't.

everything is about preference.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i would, the default screen doesnt tell you anything

sometimes you can find problems you didnt even know existed

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
i doesn't necessarily tell you to, but shows you how to. i'd give it a shot. maybe you'll like it. maybe you won't.

everything is about preference.

Hmm, I don't think it's about liking it or not. Surely it's more like a troubleshooting process to see if there are any problems at start up and what's going wrong where?

macuser9214

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
It doesn't do anything if you do/don't do it. The default screen just covers that up. Kinda like most Linux distros.

Performance will be no different.

Lokrado

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Denmark
revive

found this thread, thought i'd revive it.
I'm wanting to do the same but does this prevent you from using other key-combos during boot?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
found this thread, thought i'd revive it.
I'm wanting to do the same but does this prevent you from using other key-combos during boot?

Not if you turn on always booting in verbose mode via the Terminal command. Then you don't have to Command+V at startup.

Lokrado

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2009
Denmark
Not if you turn on always booting in verbose mode via the Terminal command. Then you don't have to Command+V at startup.

right, but say i wanted to boot into single user mode, having verbose mode on by default wouldn't prevent me from doing so?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.