Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
...Who wants more customization in the iPhone? I want to be able to customize colors, the background while having the phone unlocked, change icons, add and remove icons, change fonts and font size and color, add banners and custom text to screens, and just change the overall look as I please.

This is the only issue I have with the iPhone, which is really not an issue at all, more like me just wanting to change the look of things. I honestly think that they will probably enable more customization as they update the iPhone. I hope so as this is the ONLY thing that I think my old Treo 700wx has over the iPhone. :apple:

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
...Who wants more customization in the iPhone? I want to be able to customize colors, the background while having the phone unlocked, change icons, add and remove icons, change fonts and font size and color, add banners and custom text to screens, and just change the overall look as I please.

This is the only issue I have with the iPhone, which is really not an issue at all, more like me just wanting to change the look of things. I honestly think that they will probably enable more customization as they update the iPhone. I hope so as this is the ONLY thing that I think my old Treo 700wx has over the iPhone. :apple:

On this forum? Probably.

earnjam

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
North Carolina
I noticed not many people seem to care about not being able to change to custom ringtones. I guess the same goes for the looks.

I think a lot of people do want to change ringtones, but they're just waiting for Apple to do something about it now. There was a lot of talk about it for a while, but since there have been lots of hints that it will be a likely update in the future, people have sort of quieted down to discuss other issues.

I wouldn't mind seeing some customization, but I don't really care that much. I like it the way it is.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
I have to admit that I don't understand the desire for customization...I really don't. But maybe that's an age thing.

skinnylegs

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2006
San Diego
Yeah.....I would like to be able to customize mine as well and I'm sure it is only a matter of time. It might be 'kinda fun to, for instance, have the Milk theme available for the iPhone. I also think it would be great to be able to use customized ringtones. I can virtually guarantee that this will be addressed very soon. I'm going crazy without my theme from the Exorcist ringtone! LOL

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I have to admit that I don't understand the desire for customization...I really don't. But maybe that's an age thing.

Not sure how old you are but I am 25, and yes I have to customize everything to my liking. Im all about individual styling and modding. If it can be modified I will modify it or customize it in any way.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
As a graphic artist, illustrator, and GUI designer, I hope to the heavens that this is never allowed. People must be saved from their own taste. The iPhone is meant to be both ergonomic, intelligent, and aesthetically-pleasant to everyone.

I could just see an iPhone decked out in hot pink and Baby Phat logos with Comic Sans fonts at 26 points and one of those glittery cursors following around your finger touches... *VOMIT*

KD7IWP

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2004
American living in Canada
As a graphic artist, illustrator, and GUI designer, I hope to the heavens that this is never allowed. People must be saved from their own taste. The iPhone is meant to be both ergonomic, intelligent, and aesthetically-pleasant to everyone.

I could just see an iPhone decked out in hot pink and Baby Phat logos with Comic Sans fonts at 26 points and one of those glittery cursors following around your finger touches... *VOMIT*

HA HA HA HA HA!! SO TRUE! :apple:

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Well that would be a bit excessive but to each his/her own. If a person has to look at something everyday and its their own, they should be able to customize it and make it look visually appealing to them.

I mean nobody is going to make you look at their Baby Phat Glitter edition iPhone :D

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Well that would be a bit excessive but to each his/her own. If a person has to look at something everyday and its their own, they should be able to customize it and make it look visually appealing to them.

I mean nobody is going to make you look at their Baby Phat Glitter edition iPhone :D

They should? How about a little conformity. Personal expression is soooo yesterday.

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
They should? How about a little conformity. Personal expression is soooo yesterday.

LOL. Can I kiss you? I think this is going in my sig. Also, my new iPhone wallpaper will be Big Brother from the 1984 Apple commercial. :)

neven

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2006
Portland, OR
I don't want any customization beyond what's already there. I don't want a million options crowding every menu, and I don't pretend to be a better UI designer than the dudes at Apple.

To each his own, but since you asked...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.