Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklon

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
NIce find its my 1st time seeing this...hope this is true though...i'll be happy with just copy and paste from that list ...

marklon

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
Hmmm I wonder what icon is supposed to be under his finger... settings is on the bottom row - and is that finder or what does it represent? I cant read it...

(probably fake but interesting)

Under his thumb is still the settings button. The finder icon looks like it says "files"

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
even if it's not true (though I certainly hope it is), the coolest part is that it's all possible! Upgradeability is a wonderful thing

JustinP81

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Celebration, FL
Even if that's not real, which it sure looks pretty real to me, it makes sense that most of these things (a way to search files, finder, etc.) could just be hidden already on the iPhone. An update would just "open the blinds" so to speak on hidden items.

I'm not sure what good a finder would do you on the phone, as the only thing you can save to it are photos and music... unless an update allows you to download text files and stuff.

Pretty exciting, nonetheless.

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Under his thumb is still the settings button. The finder icon looks like it says "files"

No under meaning what is he pressing on - the icon where settings now is... (BTW I checked in Photoshop and there is not data that says its been edited in any way, but that can be easily spoofed too)

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
And hopefully this update will stop some of the iPhone bashing. It looks like they covered just about every excuse there is for iPhone bashers. People don't understand the fact that the reason the iphone is so featureless now is because Apple didn't want to delay the phone even further, I mean people have been waiting a long time for this.

What would be cool is some sort of vibra feedback of the keyboard keys. Each time you press a key on the keyboard, the vibrate would vibe a little bit for some feedback.

JustinP81

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Celebration, FL
the icon he's pressing, or about to press, could be some kind of text editor... that would fit in that row (the boring apps)

BUT...

It looks like he copied the 'Camera' icon and pasted it underneath his thumb (same color icon)

Good Photoshop job if it's a fake.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
The finder icon looks like it says "files"

This is the only thing that makes me think this otherwise VERY real-looking image is probably a fake. I can't see a potential "files" icon having the usual Mac smiley-face finder image. Seems silly. If they DO make a file system, I would expect something else as an icon...

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
the icon he's pressing, or about to press, could be some kind of text editor... that would fit in that row (the boring apps)

Odd to have "notes" and a text editor right next to each other. If they have a text editor, why not just beef up "notes"?

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
like he copied the 'Camera' icon and pasted it underneath his thumb (same color icon)

In photoshop sampling the colors brings up different colors - so if its copied the colors have been changed slightly (iChat???)

If its fake its a good one thats for sure... (I always lean towards fake so I don't get my hopes dashed...)

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I could make that fake in like ten minutes. Take a screen shot of the main menu from apple.com, edit it to show some fake icons, sync that image to iPhone, open image on iPhone and take a photo.

As much as I want that pic to be real, I have serious doubts. :(

9:47am ... What a coincidence... :(

[G5]Hydra

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2004
You people know that the iPhone can display pictures from the photo app in full screen right? Make a fake "home" screen in PS with some added icons and put it in your iPhoto album and sync it to the phone. Show in full screen and there you go. If those guys working on hacks did this it would be cool but that photo is pretty easy to fake with no PS work needed on the final photo.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
[G5]Hydra;3901159 said:
You people know that the iPhone can display pictures from the photo app in full screen right? Make a fake "home" screen in PS with some added icons and put it in your iPhoto album and sync it to the phone. Show in full screen and there you go. If those guys working on hacks did this it would be cool but that photo is pretty easy to fake with no PS work needed on the final photo.

Yep -- now if they show these actual apps open and working, THEN we can really speculate if it's real or not.

JustinP81

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2007
Celebration, FL
[G5]Hydra;3901159 said:

Why didn't I think of that. That's true. All I could see was "Man, if it's a Photoshop job, he did a good job with the fingerprints!"

But yeah, I could take a screen shot of my desk top, size it to look 'normal' for the iPhone, load it up and take a picture OF the phone and it would look like I was running full OSX on it.

Jerks with too much time on their hands!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
Im calling fake now...

The image has one problem there is a bleed on the color change around the top of the thumb that is not on the hand anywhere else - shows a color applied to the image to change the icons appearance... (see pic) Also the camera time does not match the photo data (it says it was taken at 15:36 - aka 3:36).

PS - dude needs to clean his phone LOL

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 176
  • attachment2.jpg
    attachment2.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 2,327

krimedog

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2007
Doubt that

I could make that fake in like ten minutes. Take a screen shot of the main menu from apple.com, edit it to show some fake icons, sync that image to iPhone, open image on iPhone and take a photo.

Not only do I think its real.....but....

I doubt you could make a fake that good in 10 minutes. You'd have to be jedi-multitouch-master-photoshop.

kalamus

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2006
Grand Prairie, TX

Winner.

cgray24

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
Texas
Not only do I think its real.....but....

I doubt you could make a fake that good in 10 minutes. You'd have to be jedi-multitouch-master-photoshop.

If you make your career in photoshop doing this in 10 mins is not that hard, but thanks for giving photoshop use such credit, makes me feel like im actually earning my money. :)

hanschien

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2006
Houston, TX
Im calling fake now...

The image has one problem there is a bleed on the color change around the top of the thumb that is not on the hand anywhere else - shows a color applied to the image to change the icons appearance... (see pic) Also the camera time does not match the photo data (it says it was taken at 15:36 - aka 3:36).

PS - dude needs to clean his phone LOL

Holy :eek: you went all CSI and stuff on it....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.