Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gigahurtz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
So i'm going crazy trying to find the right case. I don't want anything to big - prefer something sleek but protects my phone as i'm very nervous about dropping it. I love the look of the phone without a case (as we all do) but would still prefer to have a full case.

Please post your favorite case along with why you like it and a link.

I'm looking to purchase in the next day - perhaps we can turn this into a sticky as i'm sure i'm not the only one pondering this.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
this is probably more an "accessories" post, but here's the one I ordered:

iPhone Strada Case (Black Calfskin)

product_thumb.php

I like it because mostly there seem to be 2 types of cases: 1) cases that protect your phone when you carry it (and you need to take the phone out and 2) cases that you leave on all the time.

The ones that you leave on all the time I just didn't like because they seem to destroy the aesthetics of the iPhone.

The ones you just carry the phone in I didn't like because I wanted some protection in case I dropped it.

This Orbino case seemed like the perfect trade off between aesthetics and protection.

I also ordered a set of crystal film from apple to protect the screen because I am not sure I like Orbino's screen protection.

sWaltuo

macrumors regular
May 25, 2007
i have a vaja case ordered .. and I must say that I am very excited about it coming in! The three choices all look beautiful! Check them out at http://www.vajacases.com ... But when I am using it I am debating buying an InvisibleShield .. just waiting for the reviews!

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I am currently using this:

iphoneleatherfolioblack1.jpg

I like it because the iphone fits snugly inside with no movement at all, and it seems like i wont fall out even if the flap is open which is important because the velco of the flap isnt the best, you have to press down to make it stay in place.
But what I really want is the Iskin Revo:

iSkin_Revo-iphone-case.jpg

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I'm all for reinventing yourself, but the Vaja iPhone cases look like recycled bowling shoes to me. They have none of the sleekness their prior designs have had.

Piel Frama FTW.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Vaja i-Volution

I am waiting for Vaja to release the i-Volution for the iPhone. It is hands down the best case IMHO. I have one for my Treo 650. It is gorgeous and truly a classic.

The iPhone and Vaja cases are in a class by themselves. Vaja obviously had to wait until the iPhone was released before they could finalize the actual i-Volution case due to it's precise glove like fit.

I picked up a leather CaseMate at the AT&T store when I bought my iPhone on the 29th. I wanted something to protect it until I can order the Vaja i-Volution.

The CaseMate is OK, but when you see it next to my Treo's i-Volution there is no comparison.

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
Sorry, but ... does that say Calf Skin? I don't think - in a million years - that I would want a dead baby cow's skin surrounding my cell phone. That is just... talk about inhumane... wow. :( Why not hire a slave to carry it around for you while you're at it?

Luckily it was a cow not a person, so there's no problem with being inhumane.

Do me a favor, spare me the anthropomorphisms and I promise not to share my recipe for Veal Saltimbocca alla Romana.

Goldenbear

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Sorry, but ... does that say Calf Skin? I don't think - in a million years - that I would want a dead baby cow's skin surrounding my cell phone. That is just... talk about inhumane... wow. :( Why not hire a slave to carry it around for you while you're at it?

Unless you're a hard-core vegan, I find statements like this a bit bizarre.

mullman

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2004
NC

Are your shoes and belt made out of plastic?

Regardless, good 'slave' idea, I'll post on craigslist and see if I can find one. :D

iPhone owner seeking slave to carry my said phone around.
No pay or benefits other than carrying my phone.

taberrr

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
NY
I realize my point of view is not the majority here, and I'm sure you all think you're pretty funny. Just sharing my opinion, which is pretty much what forums are for. I'm not a hardcore vegan, I'm just not ignorant. Anyway, have fun!

Sobe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2007
Wash DC suburbs
I realize my point of view is not the majority here, and I'm sure you all think you're pretty funny. Just sharing my opinion, which is pretty much what forums are for. I'm not a hardcore vegan, I'm just not ignorant. Anyway, have fun!

I do make a mean vegetarian curry if you're interested....

wongulous

macrumors 6502a
Dec 7, 2002
I wouldn't buy leather either.

And I don't wear leather shoes or belt, except for my work-provided that I am forced to wear.

And the InCase rubber sounded promising, especially compared to crappy silicone cases that I've used on iPods on and off over the years (without much satisfaction), but then the reviews of them getting stretched out started to roll in... ugh.

All I really want is to protect the CHROME! Why did Apple have to make it so curvy and on the edges where it's at risk!? :)

taberrr

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2007
NY
And the InCase rubber sounded promising, especially compared to crappy silicone cases that I've used on iPods on and off over the years (without much satisfaction), but then the reviews of them getting stretched out started to roll in... ugh.

All I really want is to protect the CHROME! Why did Apple have to make it so curvy and on the edges where it's at risk!? :)

Anyway yeah, back on topic - I know! I got the jam jacket when I picked up my phone, it's perfect except for the stupid headphone winder thing on the back. They should make one without it. The incase one looks cool, but they don't cover the chrome right? At least the jam jacket one covers the chrome.

JonboyDC

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2004
I am waiting for Vaja to release the i-Volution for the iPhone. It is hands down the best case IMHO. I have one for my Treo 650. It is gorgeous and truly a classic.
If you follow the link to the Vaja site, you'll see that they have released the iVolution for the iPhone. And I have to agree with mcdj, I don't think it measures up to their previous cases. The site says that there are still more models to come, and I'm still hopeful that they'll release something that I like -- but the three models they have so far have not been it.

David R

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2003
Orlando, FL

beate

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
Ordered Speck holdster (waiting)
Ordered PielFarma wallet (waiting)
In the meantime I've been using an old Sony pda case made by The Pouch.
It's growing on me. Has a place for the earbuds even. Case is a bit oversized.
Just went to their site and they have one now for the iPhone. So now I'm three for three. Glad the Vaja doesn't have what I want yet.
http://www.thepouch.com/iphone.html

Good for Vegans too! (I'm a Vegan myself but it's only in regards to food as of yet but thanks for that little push on my guilt button)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.