Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dkirlew

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
Help most every dvd that I put in the dvd drive takes several times before it reads it. I got the drive replaced a few months ago. I checked all the discs for scratches and stuff cleaned them multiple times but still it takes a while before it reads them. Is there any way to clean the drive or must I take it back to an Apple store for repairs?

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Help most every dvd that I put in the dvd drive takes several times before it reads it. I got the drive replaced a few months ago. I checked all the discs for scratches and stuff cleaned them multiple times but still it takes a while before it reads them. Is there any way to clean the drive or must I take it back to an Apple store for repairs?

You could try one of those drive cleaning discs, Is the place where you have the computer rather dusty. That would be the only reason I could see for this issue. seeing as how you got the drive replaced aready.

dkirlew

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2007
You could try one of those drive cleaning discs, Is the place where you have the computer rather dusty. That would be the only reason I could see for this issue. seeing as how you got the drive replaced aready.

Where I use my computer is not really dusty at all which adds more concern to why is giving trouble. I will try the disc drive cleaners though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.