Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bill-gates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
right recently i took my took my airport card out of my emac to see if it was normal or extreme (it be extreme:D)
i took the anntena off it then examined it then i put it back in the same way it said on apples website:rolleyes:. it seemed simple enough .BUT NO! IT DIDNT WORK! now my emac does not even pick up the card, it said its not installed! seriously ive tryed everything! even forcing it in and even acurepuncture (not realy just thought it was funny;)) right so my airport cards not working

can anybody help me?

regards a weird newb...eerrreerr i mean stuart :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You've got seven apples at the end of your post. Are you going to eat all those?

Do you have another Mac capable of testing the AirPort Extreme card on? The first step should be to see whether this is a problem cause by the card or by the slot on your eMac. :)

bill-gates

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
i thought my user name was bill gay-tes? well any way no i tryed on a ibook and it worked perfectly:(

Cfour

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2007
I had the same trouble as you when I 1st installed my AirPort card about a week ago, I popped it in, turned it on and then it didn't 'see' it, did this aout another 3 times and then took out the card pushed it in as firmly as I dared and then clicked in further than had done before and then make sure the antenna is securely snapped in.
A bit *emphasizes bit* of brute force is needed

Cfour

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.