Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

I hate to encourage more obsession about your iPhone screens, but iphonedpt.bravehost.com allows you to check your iPhone screen for dead pixels.

The simple application just blanks the screen with black, blue, red, green or yellow. Technically, yellow is probably not required.

Possible issues on LCDs include "dead" or "stuck on" pixels.

Article Link

strangelogic

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2003
CA
Initiating...

You're not encouraging obsession - you are initiating it...

I've been convinced my screen is good, no dead/stuck, because I'm obsessive enough about quality that I was sure I would have noticed it by now. BUT - you posted the link so I had to try it out - and I'm still totally happy with my iPhone :)

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
You're not encouraging obsession - you are initiating it...

I've been convinced my screen is good, no dead/stuck, because I'm obsessive enough about quality that I was sure I would have noticed it by now. BUT - you posted the link so I had to try it out - and I'm still totally happy with my iPhone :)

Where have you been? The obsession with screens and quality and dead pixels has been running rampant. He isn't initiating anything.

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I have one dead pixel on my iPhone as well, but the individual pixels are so tiny that I literally never notice it under regular use, so I'm not going to worry about it. Besides, even if I could exchange it, I could easily end up with one that has a screen that's a lot worse than the one I have now anyway.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
I have a dead pixel but I'm pretty sure that there's nothing Apple will do about it......right?

i had a stuck pixel, and apple exchanged my iphone for a new one. this happened within the first two weeks of purchase, though. good luck to you.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
My screen looks fine and I don't see the need to go someplace that may tell me otherwise.

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Dead Pixels

I have one dead pixel on my iPhone as well, but the individual pixels are so tiny that I literally never notice it under regular use, so I'm not going to worry about it. Besides, even if I could exchange it, I could easily end up with one that has a screen that's a lot worse than the one I have now anyway.

I do not know about the iPhone but with LCD screens, both laptop and Displays Apple will not consider an exchange unless it is 5 dead pixels or more...

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
I do not know about the iPhone but with LCD screens, both laptop and Displays Apple will not consider an exchange unless it is 5 dead pixels or more...

That is true. But as I said, I have no intention of asking for an exchange anyway. A single dead pixel on a screen as high res as the iPhone is no big deal at all. Like I said, it's so tiny I don't even notice it anyway.

HkyGrL2

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2007
my phone is connected and I clicked on the link, but nothing shows up on my phone. how do I figure it out?

Edit: duh, I have to go to the site on my iphone browser.

are the dead pixels very tiny white dots. kind of like there is dust under the screen? I can only see it on the black screen. I have alot of them scattered. It's like I'm looking up at the sky :(

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Why does this thread remind me of the movie "The Sixth Sense"?

"I see dead pixels. They're everywhere!" :p

jemeinc

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2004
South Jersey
Is the 7 series the one that is supposedly defective? I have a 7 series, and I do notice the "grid" but it doesn't seem like a big deal.. Is it recommended that we return them?

My "7 series" has no dead or stuck pixels that I can see..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.