Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
One thing with my iPhone was having a hard time finding the mac address, to add it to my wireless router. It was only found inside the phone's menus.

What about on the Apple TV? Does the box list the mac address? Trying to get things ready, for when it comes, so I'd like to know where to find it, when it gets here.

Thanks!

zephead

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2006
in your pants
Just one thing I couldn't help but notice: A lot of newbies and such make the mistake of referring to their Macs as "my MAC", which is the acronym for Media Access Control. I've never seen it done the opposite way though. :p

And I'd imagine the MAC address would be right on the bottom or back of the :apple:TV, as well as on the box.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Just one thing I couldn't help but notice: A lot of newbies and such make the mistake of referring to their Macs as "my MAC", which is the acronym for Media Access Control. I've never seen it done the opposite way though. :p

And I'd imagine the MAC address would be right on the bottom or back of the :apple:TV, as well as on the box.

I apologize for not capitalizing every letter in MAC. I just always figured if you were talking about wireless stuff people would know you meant the Media Access Control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.