Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vnraju

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
hi all...
i am raju...
i am a new to this mac world....
i want to create one app...to create disk image file(.dmg)...
how should i approach...
plz i want suggenstions from those experienced people....
thanks in advance....

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Welcome.

Mac OS X already comes with a utility to create a disk image.

Go to Applications.

Go to Utilities.

Select Disk Utilities.

Hopefully this will solve your .dmg needs.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
If you really want to write your own app for some reason (perhaps you want to add custom resources to the dmg or something) then you should probably look at wrapping the command line tools that create dmgs. I would start by looking at hdiutil.

Note this assumes you already know how to write programs for the Mac in Cocoa or perhaps Carbon.

vnraju

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
If you really want to write your own app for some reason (perhaps you want to add custom resources to the dmg or something) then you should probably look at wrapping the command line tools that create dmgs. I would start by looking at hdiutil.

Note this assumes you already know how to write programs for the Mac in Cocoa or perhaps Carbon.

thanx,
i want some details plz......................

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
thanx,
i want some details plz......................

Read the linked page. That is the documentation. If you want hand-held through the basics of writing a Mac program then you've come to the wrong place. You need to work through and fully understand the tutorials on the Apple developer website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.