Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Joshua8o8

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Honolulu, Hawai'i
I guess you could call this a bug, I noticed that my spell correction feature does not work all the time. I started a post on this subject but no one really responded. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

rhomsy

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2007
I guess you could call this a bug, I noticed that my spell correction feature does not work all the time. I started a post on this subject but no one really responded. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

I've had this problem. A restart brought the spell corrections back. It's a bug that is hopefully addressed in 1.1.

askripko

macrumors member
May 10, 2007

I have had similar bug, but it's gone after Upgrade 1.0.1

spydr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2005
MD
incompatibility with iTunes library on external hard drive?

I would like to know how many of you have your itunes library on external hard drives and are able to sync successfully with the iphone.

Mine is on a USB2 500gb hard disk, and connecting iPhone would cause my hard disk to be unusable, would beach ball itunes and make finder unresponsive. Forcibly removing my hard disk and replugging it would bring back normalcy for that session. The same problem faithfully repeats everytime.

No, my hard disk is OK - a few others have reported same exact problem on apple's iPhone discussion thread.

Yes, I have verified and repaired the disk; updated to iPhone 1.0.1; no resolution yet.

I guess it qualifies as a serious issue that could potentially ruin my disk permanently?

Not very happy. :mad:

Chapps

macrumors newbie
Mar 29, 2007
8GB reports as a 4GB under certain circumstances

This one is odd. I've got an 8GB iPhone, but when I loaded it up with over a couple of gigs of music, it suddenly said that it had a total of 3.7xGB of RAM, and that I had about 170MB of space left. So it thought it had only around 4GB total.:confused:

I deleted a couple of playlists, and suddenly it reported that I had over 7GB free. I'd love to add those playlists back, but something in this seems to cause a misreport in the total RAM.

Aside from that, I get the same general problems with Safari freezing up the phone from time to time.

Chapps

msharp

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2004
Ringtone for timer won't save

If you set a timer (let's say 1 hour), and set a new ringtone (maybe "Harp"). After doing so if you leave this screen (click the "home" button to do something else), the ringtone for timer will be reset (to "Marimba") when you come back and see the timer again.

askripko

macrumors member
May 10, 2007
If you set a timer (let's say 1 hour), and set a new ringtone (maybe "Harp"). After doing so if you leave this screen (click the "home" button to do something else), the ringtone for timer will be reset (to "Marimba") when you come back and see the timer again.

I have exactly the same problem, from the beginning i thought i am the one who has this bug, so it means i am not alone in this cruel world...

hienle

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2007
ACCENT GRAVE (`) key missing on Iphone

The (`) mark on the iphone is totally missing.

tsufitz34

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2007
my whole bottom portion quit working on me....the phone,safari,mail and the ipod button just quit working....had to get a replacement phone they tried to charge me 35 bucks but i told them i was not going to pay that for their screw up....

murf'n'surf

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
earpiece overmodulation after 1.1.1

My earpiece volume was ok before the latest upgrade. Now the earpiece over modulates the callers voice. This is extremely annoying!!

Anybody else notice this after the long awaited upgrade??

ogee

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2006
Earth.
Random power off

I get random power downs a lot, perhaps twice a day. The phone is normally idle, but on one occasion it was in my hand. On repower up the silver apple shows as it reboots, so its not just going to sleep.

Low sound levels.

Waiting4MacBook

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
Email Bug/WiFi Strangeness

I've noticed that since the upgrade to 1.1.1 my email is acting strange. Sometimes a new message will download and then disappear. The next time I connect to check email, the message is treated as a new mail and downloads all over again. I haven't checked the email via a computer when this happens.

I've also noticed the problem where my phone doesn't actually connect to WiFi even though it looks like it connects (check box next to network, Edge icon still displays, etc.)

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
twice since 1.1.1 - phone is asleep, wakes up, unlock, loads to ipod screen (it was the last active screen), press play and the phone reboots. not consistent.

Anyone else see this behavior?

avah12

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2004
Email Sound Since the update I have had very very spotty performance from the email

Since the update I have had very very spotty performance from the email, most of the time I get no sound and no vibration letting me know that there is a message. It is set to check every 15 and all sounds are on. Messages come in, and I can see the red circle once I go to the main screen, but there is nothing telling me that they have been waiting there.

SombreroMan

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
iPod play status icon appearing randomly

Since upgrading to 1.1.1 I have noticed the iPod play icon in the status bar appearing randomly while browsing the internet in Safari.

digduggler

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Hmm. I have found that if I hang up a call 'End Call' and then immediately hit the home button the display goes blank. The phone is still on (I can hear calls, but obviously cannot answer them). If I reboot, the display comes back. I can reproduce this pretty consistently.

Anyone else?

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I notice that sometimes the screen will just go blank when unlocking to a SMS or call. The home button sometimes doesnt wake the phone, and my main gripe is that the battery indicator is retarded. This is my third phone and this one has the best battery life of the three, but when the battery dies and I recharge it, not only does it take forever to recharge, but the indicator will show the plug meaning it's fully charged. The issue comes when it is unplugged. The battery icon is not filled and it doesnt reset the usage stats. I have to proceed to restart the phone and plug it in one more time because it will reset the stats. This happened on my last phone too, but this one does it every time. Very annoying.

Another thing: Voicemail volume is UNHEARABLE. I don't mean quiet, it's seriously probably less than a dB or two.

pedroistheman

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2007
when ipod is playing and you browse the web, ipod stops playing after about a minute. does not matter if you are using wifi or edge.

Safari crashes randomly, happened twice while trying to acces this forum actually.

longofest edit: confirmed bug

Same thing happens to me. It is very annoying and I hope it gets fixed in the nxt update.

reyk

macrumors newbie
Oct 26, 2007
stopwatch bug version 1.1.1 4gig phone

Running the stopwatch for long periods (several hours) produces the following bug -

1. Stopwatch shows 0 time, but red stop button on screen indicating stopwatch running - i.e. time not incrementing but stopwatch apparently running.

2. Hitting stop or lap produces time like 9400 hours,

3. Happens often after incoming call, but sometimes just when switching to other iPhone apps.

Seems like some other app is bombing the stopwatch data area.

Anyone else seen this?

William Gates

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
I know before v1.1.1 safari was crashing when the ipod was being used simmutaneously(sp?). Now the opposite is happening to me with v1.1.1, the ipod is crashing while I'm viewing Safari. I didn't read the entire thread, so please don't flame if already posted. anyone else experiencing this?

William Gates

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
and about the stopwatch... I've let it run for several days and not noticed a bug. Another bug I noticed is that if you are listening to the ipod and have the iphone in landscape mode when the song/album/playlist ends, the ipod functions display where they normally would when the ipod is vertical. the buttons do not work though, it acts like it is only in coverflow.

speedtec11s

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2007
SMS text message bug

For one select contact, my phone started giving me an error message after I sent one text message saying "error sending message"...If I clear the conversation it will let me send one more message, then I have to keep clearing. I warrantied it at Apple today, and the problem is back, and now has spreaded to two other contacts.

QJS

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2006
cant scroll

ive noticed that i cant scroll the home menu on my unlocked iphone version 1.0.2

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Top 25 Most Played Bug

I've had this bug since 1.0 and it has continued through to 1.1.2. I have my "Top 25 most played" playlist set to sync to iphone. While actual songs make it to my phone, the "top 25 most played" playlist as shown on the phone shows a completely different and random grouping of 25 songs. Odd...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.