Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Due to the intimate setting of the press conference today, Apple elected to have a question and answer session with the attendees. Here are some of the notes of interest from that Q/A. For more complete coverage, please see sites with live updates from the event. Editor's Note: Q/A is paraphrased for brevity and readability

Q: Why aren't you participating in the "Intel Inside" sticker program?
A: We like our own stickers better. We love Intel, and we feel most people know that we use Intel processors. We'd rather customers not have to peel stuff off.

Q: What about the Mac Mini?
A: The Mac Mini is being refreshed today with faster processors.

Q: What about Apple TV?
A: Nothing about Apple TV today, but we'll have news regarding it soon.

Q: You have Multitouch on the iPhone. What about on the Mac?
A: It doesn't make a lot of sense right now on the Mac. We'd classify that as a research project.

Article Link

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Q: What about Apple TV?
A: Nothing about Apple TV today, but we'll have news regardin git soon.

Such an under used word. The apple TV announcement must be soon because surely this will put a lot of people off from buying it.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Is this true?

1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
80GB hard drive1
combo drive

$599

2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
1GB memory
120GB hard drive
superdrive

$799

logansbro

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2007
iWork, iLife, Mac updates all very nice.

The QA must have thrown everyone totally off guard, because those questions were L.A.M.E. I bet the QA is the reason MR wasn't invited. You know what we want to ask, and none of those questions would be in any of our top 25 lists. Weak.

applesmith

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2005
The Mac Mini Lives!!!

Now maybe I can convince my school to invest. The new iMac and software suites are fantastic. Bravo Apple.:apple:

ChuckG

macrumors member
May 27, 2007
L.A.
Bluetooth Keyboard

Anyone have any idea why the new Bluetooth keyboard has less keys than the wired keyboard.

http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

Edit: never mind, guess the whole wireless thing makes having a wide, full-sized keyboard on your lap impractical.

WannaGoMac

macrumors 68030
Feb 11, 2007
Sorry, but that Mac mini price is ridiculous.
Dude, going to buy a Dell looks like...

thomasfxlt

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2005
Q: You have Multitouch on the iPhone. What about on the Mac?
A: It doesn't make a lot of sense right now on the Mac. We'd classify that as a research project.

a gazillion patents, the aquisition of Fingerworks and it's a research project....

right........

AlexisV

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2007
Manchester, UK
A 5 minute Q&A session and a tenth of it was wasted with such probing questions such as why no Intel stickers?

Nothing about the Mac Pro, Cinema Displays or how Leopard's progressing. I thought the people in there were supposed to journalists!

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
I am not disappointed, which, as an Englishman, obviously makes me disappointed.

So i win, and Apple wins. Huzzah.

blashphemy

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2006
damnit why didn't anyone ask Apple about why they didn't have Blu-Ray as a BTO option?! :mad:

also: store went back down cause the new iMac link was broken, still waiting for it to come back up...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.