Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
so i wonder what do people in my age range do on their macs??
what do yo actually do on it?
just regular stuff(music/catting) or do you web design,,ect..??

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
so i wonder what do people in my age range do on their macs??
what do yo actually do on it?
just regular stuff(music/catting) or do you web design,,ect..??

I do regular stuff like music and word processing but I also do flash web design and make videos on premier/final cut.

I am currently making a website for my stepmom's barn at whitebirchfarm.com (I haven't uploaded yet.)

So I have a macbook pro and would like to get my own website for my web design buisness. I really enjoy doing it but don't know a ton about flash so its hard.

Anyone know of a free way to learn flash? (I already know the basics)

BTW i'm 15

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
I beat the hell out of my Mac daily. :/

I use iChat while listening to music on iTunes, having 8-10 windows open in Safari, have some torrents running, and having Photoshop open. I think it breaks down to something like this:
iChat - 3 hours use
iTunes - 6 hours use
Safari - 5 hours use
Photoshop - 1-3 hours of use
Other - 1 hour of use

If I'm at work, I just photoshop for 2 hour sdaily, also.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine

I use iChat while listening to music on iTunes, having 8-10 windows open in Safari, have some torrents running, and having Photoshop open. I think it breaks down to something like this:
iChat - 3 hours use
iTunes - 6 hours use
Safari - 5 hours use
Other - 1 hour of use

What do you do?

XheartcoreboyX

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I do regular stuff like music and word processing but I also do flash web design and make videos on premier/final cut.

I am currently making a website for my stepmom's barn at whitebirchfarm.com (I haven't uploaded yet.)

So I have a macbook pro and would like to get my own website for my web design buisness. I really enjoy doing it but know a ton about flash so its hard.

Anyone know of a free way to learn flash? (I already know the basics)

BTW i'm 15

eh thats pretty cool,i wish i could design webpages..many of my friends do and its just like i dont have time to learn >_< ,,

iChat - 3 hours use
iTunes - 6 hours use
Safari - 5 hours use
Other - 1 hour of use

thats Exactly what i do on my mac...chatting,web surfing,music,photoshop(not that much)..i also love making videos on iMovie HD..

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Firefox never closes.:p
iTunes
iChat
Mail always open
..and iCal once a day or so

During school I use this app called SchoolHouse most of the day for organizing notes and projects. Awesome app that I recommend to everyone.

Then I switch to Vista so i can play Flight Simulator X for hours.:D

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Firefox never closes.:p
iTunes
iChat
Mail always open

During school I use this app called SchoolHouse most of the day for organizing notes and projects. Awesome app that I recommend to everyone.

Then I switch to Vista so i can play Flight Simulator X for hours.:D

Where do I find SchoolHouse? I can't find it and I have been looking for an app for notes. Thanks!

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX

iChat - 3 hours use
iTunes - 6 hours use
Safari - 5 hours use
Other - 1 hour of use

What's a torrent? Do I need to get some of those? I've heard the word a few times but never really looked into it.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
Basically its getting programs/movies/music for free, although its illegal.

Bittorent itself is not illegal, only some of the content downloaded is. Many linux distros are available as torrents, and some bands legally put some demo songs on it.

I use my macbook mostly for iTunes, watching videos, Eyetv, web browsing, and Adium.

psycoswimmer

macrumors 65816
Sep 27, 2006
USA
Safari, iChat, iTunes, Last.fm, Mail. That's about it. ;)

I just downloaded Schoolhouse that was mentioned in this thread. It looks like a good app. I'm going to try it out this year in high school.

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
iTunes, Safari, Mail, iChat quickly(I've moved to a more facebook based internet social life)

iPhoto sometimes, Pages when I'm in school.

noodle654

macrumors 68020
Jun 2, 2005
Never Ender
Safari, Audium, iTunes, downloading videos, watching videos, converting videos, school work (word, excel, powerpoint), mail, business (eBay selling), Macrumoring, the usual.

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
Bittorent itself is not illegal, only some of the content downloaded is. Many linux distros are available as torrents, and some bands legally put some demo songs on it.
QUOTE]

So why not use Limewire or something like that to download the songs? Maybe I'm missing something (beside the illegal stuff).

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
So why not use Limewire or something like that to download the songs? Maybe I'm missing something (beside the illegal stuff).

Bittorrent can be used to download a mass amount of songs or a very large file very quickly, depending on how many other people are seeding it to you. Example: I know someone who downloaded the entire Blink 182 discography within a half hour. Not that I approve of the illegal download or anything.

Mac.Jnr

macrumors member
May 26, 2007
MSN
iTunes
School Work (Word,Powerpoint etc...)
Surfing the web (Youtube, Macrumors and various car forums)
Wacthing Movies

I don't do any serious stuff just use up time while listening to some tunes.

BTW, I'm 13.

oxymoron2007

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2007
Safari (Surfing, online banking, Myspace/Facebook...usually 4-5 windows, don't like tab browsing)
iTunes (constantly opened and playing)
Mail (updates every minute)
iCal (sync w/my cell phone)
iChat
VMware (Windows Vista, Office 2007 (need outlook to check my exchange mail...don't have mac office))
iPhoto/Photobooth (when needed)
Videos (the one you keep in an encrypted disk image)

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null
Firefox is usually open
Adium is usually open
Mail is open all the time, updating 3 accounts every minute
iTunes is open about 2/3 of the time I'm on my laptop
Terminal gets used quite a bit
VMware Fusion for NX5 and SolidWorks (CAD), infrequently but sure to increase once class starts up again
and then rebooting into XP for a bit of gaming

And soon the list will include...
iCal to make sure I don't miss too many classes ;)
OmniOutliner and/or SchoolHouse, still deciding

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.