Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cowm007

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2005
Lol, I got a "Cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please fix this" style error the first time I tried to log on. Looks good though.

The end of productivity is finally here.

brianbobcat

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2003
Illinois
VERY well done

This is very slick, and a lot better than loading standard facebook on your phone, especially since buttons like Home were midget sized in the iPhone. I only wish it could at least remember my username.

-Brian

willowpez

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2007
This is very impressive. As a college student, checking my facebook is almost (though not quite) as frequent as checking my e-mail. This will help greatly... especially when on EDGE.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
This... this I like. Rock out, facebook! I can finally update my status on the iphone! :p

I love how they take out all the superfluous apps. Yes, I love my LOLCat generator when I'm on my PowerBook, but it's annoying on edge.

Excellent.

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2005
I might use that site instead of the "standard" facebook site, even while on my powerbook. All of the annoying apps are removed on the iphone version... that alone is a breath of fresh air!

MacAddict

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2002
Boulder, CO
Best iPhone App I've seen to date!

Very nice indeed.

Notice how when you go to search, you can scroll through the list just like your contacts, even including the letter shortcuts. Click once on any name and you can go to their profile, send them a message, or, if they have their phone number on their profile, call them instantly.

I think thats great. You can use your facebook friends list like a 2nd address book on your iPhone. Well done FB.

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
As a college student, checking my facebook is almost (though not quite) as frequent as checking my e-mail.
LOL - as someone in full time employment in an office, checking my facebook is almost as frequent (if not more so) than doing any work :)

Retired
May 16, 2006
So much for having the "real internet, not the mobile internet"...thankfully the iPhone is so popular that there are websites made to suit it...

Manj27

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2007
London
Wow - just checked out the site and it looks great - first "app" I've used on the phone that feels and looks like the iphone native aplpication. The software developer did a great job on this. Hope others will follow suit.

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
I love how they take out all the superfluous apps.

That's good for the most part, though I admit there will be some apps I miss when I eventually get an iPhone and use this.

What's even more interesting is there seems to be no ads. If more and more people get iPhones, but use ad-less versions of sites like this, it's not going to make advertisers very happy. I guess we should enjoy it while we can!

jwa276

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, they did a great job with this web app for the iPhone. It might be the best one yet. It definitely still feels branded to facebook, but the functionality and readability is spot on for the iPhone screen.

I'm not a huge facebook user, but this has got to be the best web app that I've seen so far! The slide animation from tab to tab is so smooth, too!

Goldcard

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2006
St. Paul, MN
missing the point

I guess I'm missing the whole point of this but isn't the reason the iphone browser was designed the way it was, was to give users the ability to view webpages as if they were looking at them on the computer? I guess this just seems ridiculus to me. Facebook why don't you make a phone specific version for phones that actually need it, like Palm or Blackberry. That's probably too hard for Mark to handle.

All in all, I'm really excited!

JPyre

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2005
Pistolvania
Magnifying glass DIDN'T work for me while writing on the wall, so you can't correct mistakes, and if you "done" out of it it goes to the begining of the text.... besides that its great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.