Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NNO-Stephen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2003
Tulsa, Oklahoma
everyone go to their local CompUSA, BestBuy, Circuit City, and every other computer store you can think of, set up Folding@Home, and have it running inthe background hidden.... send all the WU's to our team, and have the username be the store name so we can keep track of them :) haha, that would be fun. just a thought.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
i might add there is a risk of getting caught and looking foolish

that said, i endorse this policy. practice first for best results

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Talk the people into the Apple Stores to include the folding program on their weekly system-restores... Make sure they fold for us, though...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
dont do that, thats just a jerk thing to do. it will bog down the machine over time and it will look bad for the salesman showing it when its slow. just keep it on your own computers. is it really worth it to just go put it on random computers, i find it kind of dumb.

iJon

Zeke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2002
Greenville, SC
It shouldn't slow them down. And if it's on PCs (by far the most prevalent in computer stores) more power to macs since people will see how bad at multitasking PCs are. By the way, I just broke 13k.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i know i know, it uses idle processor cycles. its just my computer always felt more sluggish with it running on the background. that was one of the two reasons i stopped doing it. but being a salesman myself, know one likes customers screwing around with the demo models, especially installing new software. just my opinion. but i guess at office max and those places they wouldnt no anything about computers anyways.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.