Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I still haven't decided what to do if I really love whichever model.

Best Buy did screw me over with my previous laptop I had bought from them. Took it in for a check up a few days before the warranty plan expired. They said it was fine. As soon as my plan expired, started crashing left and right and I bought a new macbook.

With apple, I bought a new macbook through apple.com. Declared DOA because of the number of serious problems with the keyboard and the computer itself when I first opened it up. They sent me a beautiful macbook a few weeks later which hasn't given me one problem. Bought an 2g ipod
mini back in 2005. Had it engraved and just kept on skipping all the time even after we sent it to apple to be fixed. I was very careful with it, and it never once was dropped or even scratched as I kept it in a hard case. I'll at least never buy an engraved one again, got tired of the message anyway.

If I buy directly from apple,will it be shipped the next day or will they be on backorder the first couple of days?

So I've heard mixed reviews about the ipod warranty from Best Buy.

Can't go to the apple store and pick one up. Ours is 1 hour and a half away.

What should I do? What is everyone else doing?

Roy Hobbs

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005

Best Buy did screw me over with my previous laptop I had bought from them. Took it in for a check up a few days before the warranty plan expired. They said it was fine. As soon as my plan expired, started crashing left and right and I bought a new macbook.

With apple, I bought a new macbook through apple.com. Declared DOA because of the number of serious problems with the keyboard and the computer itself when I first opened it up. They sent me a beautiful macbook a few weeks later which hasn't given me one problem. Bought an 2g ipod
mini back in 2005. Had it engraved and just kept on skipping all the time even after we sent it to apple to be fixed. I was very careful with it, and it never once was dropped or even scratched as I kept it in a hard case. I'll at least never buy an engraved one again, got tired of the message anyway.

If I buy directly from apple,will it be shipped the next day or will they be on backorder the first couple of days?

I doubt Best Buy will have them right away. I always buy from Apple I would much rather deal with them if an issue occurs.

Garrett

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2007

I am going to order threw :apple: and order next day shipping, so if it's up before noon pacific time, I shall get it the next day :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.