Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maxmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
are a lot of you selling your current ipods for whatever ends up coming tomorrow? i can get $155 for my 30gb perfect condition white ipod that i've only had since june. while to me this seems not high enough (i'm also throwing in a leather incase) i guess the thing is, after tomorrow if i wanted to sell it i'd be getting much less. opinions? what is everybody else doing in this situation?

intempo808

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
Well.... I have a Second Generation iPod Nano... and i'm selling mine just before Christmas. I think I will get about £100 for it.

I did this with my old iPod Mini (which I miss dearly... for some reason) and only got £80. It sold in 2 minutes of being on eBay. I think the price could have been higher.

I think people will buy older iPod's towards x-mas, as most people can get a good bargain on a decent iPod, rather than spending alot more on the latest model...:p

Stinger123

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2006
I sold my 2nd Gen Nano (8GB) a few days ago. Had it for about a year. I payed about 160£ for it new and sold it for about 120£. If I had waited to sell it untill after the release of the new ipods, I would have lost much more money.

maxmax

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Do you really need to upgrade your iPod?

my 30gb is basically full. i don't know yet if i need the extra space right away, but it would be nice to have more in the future and if now is the best time to get the most money for my ipod, then i feel like i should.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.