Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MHIoscar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
CA
yes

Ew, not pretty :( Out of curiosity, does the touch screen still work?

yes it work perfectly.... i dont have any insurance.. how much do have to paid anyways... tomorrow i'll be at the apple store to fix this....

jjamesv

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
I just went to the Apple store yesterday, with the same problem, and they sent it off to be fixed/replaced for free. The guy made it sound like they were doing that for everybody for the time being.

jjamesv

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
Went into a store. Actually went to 2 stores. They told me I was **** out of luck.

Bummer. It seems as if some people are getting lucky, and some aren't. It's especially strange because the guy I talked to made it sound like it was policy for them to replace cracked screens for the time being.

MHIoscar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
CA
too much

i had to pay $250 to get a new screen, plus $30 to rent a iphone while my original is getting fix.
so total of $280... for this..

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
I just went to the Apple store yesterday, with the same problem, and they sent it off to be fixed/replaced for free. The guy made it sound like they were doing that for everybody for the time being.

Same here. Waiting to make sure Apple doesn't re-quote me a repair price, but my repair order from the store was $0.

Lionheart

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Tampa, FL
Good grief...what the heck are you guys doing to your phones? Packing them around in your back pockets and sitting on them?

It's amazing that this many unfortunate souls have so brutally tortured their phones this early!
:confused:

jjamesv

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2007
Same here. Waiting to make sure Apple doesn't re-quote me a repair price, but my repair order from the store was $0.

They could, but they wouldn't be able to do any work until they did. Also, if they did that to me, and then I declined to have it repaired, I'd raise hell and get the money I spent on the loaner back. I know the crack was my fault, but it's usable, and I just couldn't see spending $250.

dagomike

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2007
They could, but they wouldn't be able to do any work until they did. Also, if they did that to me, and then I declined to have it repaired, I'd raise hell and get the money I spent on the loaner back. I know the crack was my fault, but it's usable, and I just couldn't see spending $250.

Yeah, I really doubt they'll call and re-quote it to me after the store wrote it up as N/C, but I'll hold my breath until it's at my door.

Good grief...what the heck are you guys doing to your phones? Packing them around in your back pockets and sitting on them?

It's amazing that this many unfortunate souls have so brutally tortured their phones this early!
:confused:

They're simply not as durable as the average cell phone/portable device.

MHIoscar

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
CA
instead of paying $250 to get my phone screen pix.. i will pay $150 more to get a new iphone.... Now that they are $399...

I will keep my old phone with the screen broken and a new iphone as well..

Time Clock Guy

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2007
instead of paying $250 to get my phone screen pix.. i will pay $150 more to get a new iphone.... Now that they are $399...

Hey, keep it as a "parts phone"! Not sure what even might be user-accessible parts-wise. I dropped mine *really close* to concrete, but it landed on the lawn, yay...

I also wanted to mention, a lot of people were getting their iphones insured through state farm; but when I insured mine (no deductible, $3 a month), they said they would not insure my daughter's cell (a sidekick 3), saying they only insure high-end phones. Now with the price drop I don't know if insuring with State Farm still works.

Eric

showtime

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2007

why don't you try posting it on ebay? A couple of iphones with cracked screens have been going for around $250. Of course that was a week before the price drop.

Scott982

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Austin, Tx
I also wanted to mention, a lot of people were getting their iphones insured through state farm; but when I insured mine (no deductible, $3 a month), they said they would not insure my daughter's cell (a sidekick 3), saying they only insure high-end phones. Now with the price drop I don't know if insuring with State Farm still works.

Eric

I have my iPhone, camera equipment, and laptops all insured through State Farm. Very affordable and if something happens State Farm takes care of it with no hassle.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.