Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

continuum

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
Beautiful Lake Tahoe
I haven't had a chance to read into it yet but I was wondering if any of you know the answer... will the new version of iTunes add cover flow to existing video iPod users or is this only something available with the purchase of the new "classic" iPod (if it is indeed a new line of product or possibly just a renaming)?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Well, (1) it sounds like the new "classic" iPod is more of a new product than a rebadging -- I haven't seen pictures, but the articles all say it's metal (and not plastic), and (2) Apple has almost never made a feature available on older iPods before, so.....

But actually, speaking of things I haven't seen, I haven't seen anything that actually says there will be coverflow on that particular iPod. Although it does seem to have a new interface. EDIT: Sorry, I do see now that it does indeed have Coverflow.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
The new ipods are totally different hardware and completely different operating system than the old ones. I doubt there's any way they could run the new interface on the old hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.