Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
And the inevitable follow-up:

Why not?

I would doubt that podcast would be available at the wi-fi iTMS. I would think that Starbucks wouldn't want you using their bandwidth to download free material. It's one thing if you're buying songs (of which I am assuming that they get a cut), but it's just bad business to allow dl'ing of podcasts.

Of course, if you buy a big cup of coffee ....

ft

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
Forgive me because I'm not a coffee drinker, but I thought starbucks wifi was free for all customers anyway?

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Connect for free.

As long as you have an iPod touch, an iPhone, or a computer with the latest version of iTunes, you get free Wi-Fi access to the iTunes Store and to Starbucks Now Playing content. Stroll into a participating Starbucks and you’re connected automatically. Browse and search the entire iTunes Store from your laptop or millions of songs on the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store from iPod touch or iPhone. All at the same prices as the regular iTunes Store.

more coffee ITMS info linky

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
I would doubt that podcast would be available at the wi-fi iTMS. I would think that Starbucks wouldn't want you using their bandwidth to download free material. It's one thing if you're buying songs (of which I am assuming that they get a cut), but it's just bad business to allow dl'ing of podcasts.

Of course, if you buy a big cup of coffee ....

ft

Which is one thing to consider when the special Starbucks button appears. But, the WiFi store is available anywhere you have a WiFi connection (or, I assume, EDGE on the iPhone). I really can't think of a reason to not include Podcasts.

On a side note, with the number of Starbucks in downtown Seattle, that fifth button may as well be permanent there...

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Which is one thing to consider when the special Starbucks button appears. But, the WiFi store is available anywhere you have a WiFi connection (or, I assume, EDGE on the iPhone). I really can't think of a reason to not include Podcasts.

On a side note, with the number of Starbucks in downtown Seattle, that fifth button may as well be permanent there...

You know what ... you're right. I must have blazed through the OP's post and inserted Starbucks as I was reading it. You see, the whole Apple/Starbuck/iTMS connection is working already. :D

Anyways, perhaps you're right and that podcasts would be available on the wifi-iTMS. Maybe Starbucks will realize that iPhone/iPodtouch owners would drink more coffee if they're in the building surfing and iTMSing.

ft

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.