Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johninchina

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I finally broke down and bought a replacement for my ancient ipod yesterday, got the shipment notification almost immediately. 24 hours later, I check the website again and find out that a brand new ipod is out, twice the size for the same price.

Naturally when I ordered my ipod yesterday I fell for the free, gimmicky laser engraving which makes my now-outdated ipod unreturnable!

I'm just out of luck huh? What a crappy thing to happen. If it had been even a week earlier I wouldn't feel so bad..

MacinJosh

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2006
Finland
If you had followed the news on this site you would have most likely waited a bit before buying. All the rumors indicated on a new iPod lineup.

Joshua.

aidanpendragon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2005
Did you receive it yet? I wonder if they might've shipped the replacement model instead (Apple has been known to do this from time to time).

If not, Apple offers price protection for 14 days following purchase. They should/will refund to you any difference in $$$ between what you bought & the new products.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
If you ordered it yesterday, they may have even upgraded you without telling you. If it was an engraved model, it had to take some time for them to actually engrave it.

Worst case, they should give it to you at the new 80G price. Although it would be nice to get the new version with better battery life etc.

Did you get it yet?

Have you called up the apple store? What did they say?

As cool as it is, I think it's always wise to skip the engraving. Leaves more options for returning it, and more resale potential.

PygmySurfer

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2006
Wellesley, ON
As cool as it is, I think it's always wise to skip the engraving. Leaves more options for returning it, and more resale potential.

I was debating getting my Touch engraved when I ordered it yesterday, and that's exactly what I thought. Not going to have much luck selling it (if I ever decided to do that) if it's got my name engraved on it.

Plus, I couldn't decide what exactly to engrave on it :p

mikefly

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
cancel

i'd suspect they haven't shipped it yet, but who knows -- did you call apple to try and cancel or just post here waiting for someone to tell you what to do?

Mike

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.