Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davekarn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Simply, do the iPods receive firmware updates? I've been comforted with ability of firmware updates with the iPhone and when I had the Zune (thankfully I sold mine and my wife's on eBay prior to the price drop!) and realized I didn't know if the iPod offered this too. I keep reading how the CoverFlow is somewhat laggy and figured that the stability of it could probably be improved with a simple firmware update. Thanks for any info in advance!

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Simply, do the iPods receive firmware updates? I've been comforted with ability of firmware updates with the iPhone and when I had the Zune (thankfully I sold mine and my wife's on eBay prior to the price drop!) and realized I didn't know if the iPod offered this too. I keep reading how the CoverFlow is somewhat laggy and figured that the stability of it could probably be improved with a simple firmware update. Thanks for any info in advance!

Yeah they do get iPod Software updates - every now and then Apple release an update with some big fixes and sometimes new features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.