Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Probably because the iTouch uses the included 8 or 16 gigs to store app data (like safari, calculator, etc)

beaker26

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2007
I think that would account for more space for the Operating System of the touch. I think the iPhone actually has about 7.3 GB, so I'm sure it'll end up being about 7.5 GB for the touch.

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
But the numbers really don't make sense. Why can the Touch hold more pictures and video but less music?? I would think it would be the opposite since it has a bigger screen thus a larger resolution for video and images.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 59

--Wolf--

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2007
Chch, New Zealand
I think when you compare the pictures on the nano to the touch, you aren't just comparing the sizes of the photos anymore.

Either for the touch, some song space was sacrificed for more pics and/or it has some kind of compressing method for pictures.

lordjonny

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
apple have bodged it up alot, check out the battery life on the uk site compared to us, 40music,7video on uk and 22,5 on us:S we have more powerful sockets or something i guess oh well as long as mine works who cares ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.