Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RMcolder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2003
Hi Everyone,

I know it may be tabboo to admit, but I don't really like the new 3g nanos. I found it amusing that a user here nicknamed it based on its size the "ipod dumpy." I am wavering into investing in an 8GB 2G nano (preferably red). Looking on eBay, prices for this nano are >$200, but I can't really justify spending that much, given the price of a 3G that has video/picture capabilities as well as a longer battery life.

So I am wondering if I could poll this forum - How much would you spend on a brand new 2G 8GB nano? Thanks.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
You can get a refub at the apple online store for $169. Free shipping and one year warranty. That is the only way to go IMHO if you can't get a discount on a new one at a BM Apple store.

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
I traded in my old 2G iPod nano for a 3G iPod nano (8 GB blue case) at the Apple Store and got a 10% discount for the new one. :D

So you basically sold your old 2G iPod Nano for $20...smart :rolleyes:

and how did you pull that off?

Apple's iPod recycling program...which is actually kind of a ripoff for most people unless you're trading in a busted iPod. For example, the dude who traded his nano in for a 10% discount on a $200 iPod could have sold that iPod nano for $50-100...but I guess it isn't worth the time for most people.

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
So you basically sold your old 2G iPod Nano for $20...smart :rolleyes:

Apple's iPod recycling program...which is actually kind of a ripoff for most people unless you're trading in a busted iPod. For example, the dude who traded his nano in for a 10% discount on a $200 iPod could have sold that iPod nano for $50-100...but I guess it isn't worth the time for most people.

oh ok, I gotcha. Well I'm sure not gonna do that

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
Actually, I was going to replace my 2G nano anyway--it was freezing up occasionally (even after going through a Reset and/or Restore) and the battery life was dropping from 22-23 hours per charge to only 14 hours per charge. I'd rather do it now than suffer a total player failure! :)

MovieCutter

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2005
Washington, DC
Actually, I was going to replace my 2G nano anyway--it was freezing up occasionally (even after going through a Reset and/or Restore) and the battery life was dropping from 22-23 hours per charge to only 14 hours per charge. I'd rather do it now than suffer a total player failure! :)

Still coulda gotten at least $75 for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.